Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Best practice: TablePageData + Pagination
Best practice: TablePageData + Pagination [message #1411107] Fri, 22 August 2014 12:03 Go to next message
Dennis Geesen is currently offline Dennis GeesenFriend
Hi there,

Since 3.10 there is a new feature for TablePageData (see https://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Concepts/TablePageData) , which has a flag called "limitedResult" to indicate if the server sends all data or if it was limited.

This works very well, but does anyone used the limited-flag for pagination of the tablepage?!
Since there is no dedicated toolbar for TablePages, I want to know if someone has implemented a pagination or someting like that for tables? And ideally by using the limited-flag Wink
Re: Best practice: TablePageData + Pagination [message #1412474 is a reply to message #1411107] Tue, 26 August 2014 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
We have discussed pagination in this topic: Pagination - Dealing with large data sets

In most (if not all) scout projects I know, "search" is used instead of "pagination".

I think is should be possible to implement pagination...

What do you need to have in the server? An integer "startAt" or "page" parameter, something else?

Re: Best practice: TablePageData + Pagination [message #1413321 is a reply to message #1412474] Thu, 28 August 2014 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Geesen is currently offline Dennis GeesenFriend
My experience is that the search approach makes only sense if the users know about what they are looking for. For me this is exactly not the case.

The server-side is not really the problem. Since I am using MySQL it is easy to implement using LIMIT with start-row and a count (as far as I can remember, this is not a SQL standard and is not support by every DBMS...). Therefore, I just have to remember the current start and the count (and maybe the total row count of the table to know if there will be more) in the TablePageData.

However, my question is more a UI thing: I want to know, if someone has attached some buttons (or a toolbar) for the table or TablePage for paging down and up? Such a table-based toolbar would be also very useful for CRUD operation for the rows...

Re: Best practice: TablePageData + Pagination [message #1415993 is a reply to message #1413321] Thu, 04 September 2014 05:47 Go to previous message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
Dennis Geesen wrote on Thu, 28 August 2014 11:16
However, my question is more a UI thing: I want to know, if someone has attached some buttons (or a toolbar) for the table or TablePage for paging down and up? Such a table-based toolbar would be also very useful for CRUD operation for the rows...

You could "abuse" the search form for this. Give it two integer fields, to store your page number and page size but make the fields hidden. Then add a second SearchButton and modify them so that they adjust the page number before doing "their usual thing", you could then send the pagination information in the searchformdata to the server where you evaluate it.

It might waste a little space as opposed to a table page which integrated the paging buttons directly, but that would probably also work.
Previous Topic:Add this to top (see image)
Next Topic:MSSQL Service how to?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:53:51 GMT 2024