Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Trying to manually install mylyn using copy&paste for Ubuntu eclipse luna
Trying to manually install mylyn using copy&paste for Ubuntu eclipse luna [message #1410808] Thu, 21 August 2014 17:14 Go to next message
Yongshin Kim is currently offline Yongshin KimFriend
I have recently installed e(fx)clipse all-in-one package for Ubuntu. After installation, I have the task list window error, so I check the AinO package and it seems that it totally miss the Mylyn plug-ins.

So I have downloaded "mylyn-3.12.0.v20140609-1648.zip" file. And I'm planning to just copy and paste everything inside there to the installed eclipse folder. Laughing

Would this work?

I'm quite possitive that everythings in the features folder and the plugins folders should go to /opt/eclipse/features & /opt/eclipse/plugins.
But I'm not sure where to put the artifacts.jar, content.jar, site.xml.
Should I just put them /opt/eclipse/ ?

And also wonder there would be any config files to edit a line or so.

Thanks Razz

Re: Trying to manually install mylyn using copy&paste for Ubuntu eclipse luna [message #1410829 is a reply to message #1410808] Thu, 21 August 2014 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Davis is currently offline Sam DavisFriend
Instead of trying to do that, I recommend just installing from the update site: Help > Install New Software > Work With: http://download.eclipse.org/mylyn/releases/latest

If you can't connect to the internet from that environment, you could add the zip file as an archive site and install from there.

Sam
Re: Trying to manually install mylyn using copy&paste for Ubuntu eclipse luna [message #1410956 is a reply to message #1410829] Fri, 22 August 2014 03:21 Go to previous message
Yongshin Kim is currently offline Yongshin KimFriend
I installed the Mylyn using Help>Install New... and it works perfect Smile
Thank you for your answer.

Yongshin
Previous Topic:github connector and problems with labels and other attributes
Next Topic:Mylyn Reviews without Git/Gerrit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:01:27 GMT 2024