Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » My editor is intercepting key events from the Quick Access text field
My editor is intercepting key events from the Quick Access text field [message #1410757] Thu, 21 August 2014 14:44 Go to next message
Justin Weir is currently offline Justin WeirFriend
My custom editor has a problem when I run it in Eclipse 4.4, and I want to know the recommended approach for fixing it. The editor has a bunch of actions built using the org.eclipse.ui.commands, org.eclipse.ui.bindings, and org.eclipse.ui.contexts extension points. When I click into the Quick Access text field and start typing, some of the typed characters are hijacked by my editor because the editor's context is still active. What am I doing wrong?
Re: My editor is intercepting key events from the Quick Access text field [message #1410770 is a reply to message #1410757] Thu, 21 August 2014 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
This is bug 353626. One very grotty workaround is to add a Display filter on the SWT.Modify to obtain the workbench's KeyBindingDispatcher and disable its KeyDownFilter while the SearchField text is active.

Brian.
Re: My editor is intercepting key events from the Quick Access text field [message #1410773 is a reply to message #1410770] Thu, 21 August 2014 15:27 Go to previous message
Justin Weir is currently offline Justin WeirFriend
Thanks for the tip
Previous Topic:Can't key bind an action!!!
Next Topic:Adding menu contributions to e4view's toolbar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:31:34 GMT 2024