Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » View arrangement: Drop border colors and cursors
View arrangement: Drop border colors and cursors [message #1410686] Thu, 21 August 2014 11:35 Go to next message
ChristianR Mising name is currently offline ChristianR Mising nameFriend
When I arrange views in my Eclipse IDE (Juno SR2) I see green outlines that give a hint on the future placement.
In my own RCP application (RCP 4.3.0, no explicit E4 use) this outline appears grey and is hard to see if at all.
Is it possible to explicitly set the color or at least get the regular green color? I fail to find relevant links in the internet, possibly because I miss the correct term for it (Eclipse bugs refer to "drop rectangle", the manual says "rectangular highlight").

Also the online help for my IDE describes drop cursors in the same situation (Workbench User Guide > Tasks > Working with views and editors or http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2FgettingStarted%2Fqs-39c.htm).
The drop cursors described there do not appear in my system (Windows 7) neither in the original IDE nor in my own RCP application. The only cursor from the table I have is the restricted one. All others appear as a simple "Hand" symbol not included in the table.
Any idea how to fix this?
Re: View arrangement: Drop border colors and cursors [message #1410748 is a reply to message #1410686] Thu, 21 August 2014 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
The drag outlines are configured through CSS via the "DragFeedback" and "ModifiedDragFeedback" classes. In 4.3 the CSS files were part of the org.eclipse.platform bundle, and in 4.4 they were separated out into an org.eclipse.ui.themes bundle.

Brian.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 August 2014 14:25] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: View arrangement: Drop border colors and cursors [message #1410761 is a reply to message #1410748] Thu, 21 August 2014 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. It works for me.

In case others have the same problem:
My RCP doesn't explicitly use E4 functions. The CSS can however be easily added using the org.eclipse.core.runtime.products extension point.

Add a property to the product named "applicationCSS". The value must point to the CSS file so something like "platform:/plugin/<name of plugin containing the CSS file>/default.css

The file now contains:
.DragFeedback {
background-color: #00FF00;
}
Re: View arrangement: Drop border colors and cursors [message #1757826 is a reply to message #1410761] Mon, 20 March 2017 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
During migration to RCP 4.6.2 I have problems that the applicationCSS property in the org.eclipse.core.runtime.products extension point is automatically removed by my Eclipse IDE without any notice. If I add it again the definitions in the CSS take no effect. The IDE will later again try to remove the property without notice.

Any ideas how to color the drag borders without fully migrating to E4?
Re: View arrangement: Drop border colors and cursors [message #1758180 is a reply to message #1757826] Fri, 24 March 2017 11:13 Go to previous message
In case someone has the same problem, I have posted the solution here:
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1085153/
Previous Topic:Drag outline color when dragging Views. Use of applicationCSS
Next Topic:Reuse builder in multiple plugins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:20:02 GMT 2024