Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Using InstanceSpecification elements in SysML bdd(Can't create associations between instances)
Using InstanceSpecification elements in SysML bdd [message #1410571] Thu, 21 August 2014 05:24 Go to next message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
According to my "bible" on SysML, I should be able to create associations between instances:

"Instance specifications can be connected by links, which represent instances of associations between blocks. A link is shown on a block definition diagram as a line between two instance specifications, whose ends and adornments are the same as those of the association of which it is an instance.

Friedenthal, Sanford; Moore, Alan; Steiner, Rick (2011-11-22). A Practical Guide to SysML: The Systems Modeling Language (The MK/OMG Press) (Kindle Locations 4369-4371). Elsevier Science. Kindle Edition. "

Can't seem to make that work in Papyrus, is that a function not implemented or might I be doing this wrong? I just try to click and connect the instances as I would do with blocks, but all I get is a stop sign when hovering over an instance.

Regards,
Tomas Sandkvist
Re: Using InstanceSpecification elements in SysML bdd [message #1446025 is a reply to message #1410571] Thu, 16 October 2014 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joachim Engelhardt is currently offline Joachim EngelhardtFriend

Hello Tomas,

did you meanwhile found a solution to model instances and link them via a link?

Kind regards,
Joachim
Re: Using InstanceSpecification elements in SysML bdd [message #1446297 is a reply to message #1446025] Thu, 16 October 2014 16:42 Go to previous message
Klaas Gadeyne is currently offline Klaas GadeyneFriend
Hi both,

It seems like this is another point where the SysML editors are not par with their UML counterparts. In the UML editors this works fine (actually, the 'link' is also and instanceSpecification element, whose 'classifier' is an association. So there is some 'magic' involved for implementing this.

I would suggest to submit a bug for this, and make it block the meta-bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=430671

HTH,

Klaas
Previous Topic:Properties tab missing in Eclipse
Next Topic:Cast exception after reopening UML diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:40:59 GMT 2024