Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » ECP SWT ViewRenderer
ECP SWT ViewRenderer [message #1410315] Wed, 20 August 2014 11:52 Go to next message
Madalina Luciana is currently offline Madalina LucianaFriend
Hello,

I'm developing an RCP App with the corresponding EMF Forms for every tableViewer entry.

As I checked if the shown informations are correct(by clicking on every single one of them), I got a java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.

Somehow everytime I get the EMF Forms for my entries and I click away, it deletes the before clicked entry.

To be able to tell why, I did this: System.err.println(elements.length + " " + selectedIndex);

By clicking the entries I get different elements.length values and at the end its value was 0.

Why does the render method remove the object from its parent?Does anybody know how can I fix this?

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2014-08-20 13:43:56.659
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
at reiseapp.swt.TableClass$5.handleEvent(TableClass.java:414)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at reiseapp.swt.Application.start(Application.java:20)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:382)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:236)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)

TableClass row 414: EObject selected = (EObject) elements[selectedIndex];

[Updated on: Wed, 20 August 2014 12:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ECP SWT ViewRenderer [message #1410613 is a reply to message #1410315] Thu, 21 August 2014 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen NeufeldFriend
Hi,
could you please paste the full stackTrace? I think that there should be a caused by block after the ArrayOutOfIndexException.
Could you also verify, that you have the org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.validation bundle active in your run configuration?

Cheers,
Re: ECP SWT ViewRenderer [message #1412120 is a reply to message #1410613] Mon, 25 August 2014 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

thanks for the answer! I added the org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.validation bundle in my run configuration and the error is gone. But I still can't save or update via EMF Forms. As far as I know, I need to override the ECPReferenceServiceImpl methods. Is that right?

Madalina

[Updated on: Mon, 25 August 2014 11:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ECP SWT ViewRenderer [message #1412568 is a reply to message #1412120] Tue, 26 August 2014 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
what do you mean by save or update EMFForms?
The ECPReferenceService is only needed if you have links in your application, e.g. an element which points to another element.

Cheers,
Eugen
Re: ECP SWT ViewRenderer [message #1412571 is a reply to message #1412568] Tue, 26 August 2014 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

well, I have a TableViewer in my App and if I click on the table entries it shows the corresponding informations with EMF Forms.
What I mean by update or save is to modify the given informations inside the EMF Forms and update it in the tableViewer.

Thanks,
Madalina
Re: ECP SWT ViewRenderer [message #1412594 is a reply to message #1412571] Tue, 26 August 2014 14:48 Go to previous message
Hi,
has your TableViewer Databinding?
EMFForms uses databinding and thus changes the domain model when you change the values in the ui. TextFields trigger the update on focusout. Please check if your model is really not changed, e.g. add a contentAdapter to your model.

EMFForms also has a TableViewer build in which is databound. A new feature for the TableViewer which does exactly what you want to achieve will be available with the 1.4.0 release see: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=442068
The RC1 will be available on friday.

Cheers,
Previous Topic:Character Encoding
Next Topic:DelegatingWrapperItemProvider : how change the order of the properties
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:47:41 GMT 2024