Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Running UI application (.exe) inside an Eclipse View(Embedding an executable application in Eclipse View)
icon4.gif  Running UI application (.exe) inside an Eclipse View [message #1409697] Mon, 18 August 2014 19:12 Go to next message
Junior Falavinha is currently offline Junior FalavinhaFriend
Hi, I have an application with User Interface and I want to integrate it with Eclipse.
I want to be able to run it inside an Eclipse View, showing the user interface and all its functions.

I have seem some examples regarding embedding Microsoft Work and Excel within Eclipse, but it does not work with my application.

Does anyone have a solution for that?
Re: Running UI application (.exe) inside an Eclipse View [message #1410057 is a reply to message #1409697] Tue, 19 August 2014 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dilton McGowan II is currently offline Dilton McGowan IIFriend
On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 15:16:53 -0400, Junior Falavinha wrote:

> Hi, I have an application with User Interface and I want to integrate it with Eclipse.
> I want to be able to run it inside an Eclipse View, showing the user interface and all its functions.
>
> I have seem some examples regarding embedding Microsoft Work and Excel within Eclipse, but it does not work with my application.
>
> Does anyone have a solution for that?

I usually use soapUI standalone but you can run their Eclipse
plugin so I'd start looking there:

http://www.soapui.org/IDE-Plugins/eclipse-plugin.html

They mention SWT_AWT bridge on the main page which might
be useful to you.
Re: Running UI application (.exe) inside an Eclipse View [message #1410737 is a reply to message #1410057] Thu, 21 August 2014 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Junior Falavinha is currently offline Junior FalavinhaFriend
I believe I did not explain correctly.

Consider the Notepad++ tool.
Imagine that you want to open the Notepad++ tool inside Eclipse as an Eclipse tab.
And you should be able to use the tool the same way as if it is outside Eclipse.

So I want to create a View/Tab in Eclipse and be able to run some .exe application inside it.

I have seen a few things about SWT, but nothing concrete so far.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Re: Running UI application (.exe) inside an Eclipse View [message #1410751 is a reply to message #1410737] Thu, 21 August 2014 14:30 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Best to ask in the SWT forum group. This isn't really a "newcomers" topic.
Previous Topic:Problem with jre
Next Topic:Re: Trying to setup Eclipse Luna on Ubuntu for JavaFX & Android Dev. Help!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:58:36 GMT 2024