Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How do I clear the cache on Version: Luna Release (4.4.0)?(Clear Cache)
How do I clear the cache on Version: Luna Release (4.4.0)? [message #1408738] Fri, 15 August 2014 23:31 Go to next message
Sam G is currently offline Sam GFriend
I'm trying to run Version: Luna Release (4.4.0) for Mac OSX but every time I do, Eclipse tries to launch an old file from a project that I deleted quite some time ago from a previous version. Now I can't run any new projects.

I've looked up how to clear the cache but I can't find Remote Settings in Preferences like all the posts suggest. Can anyone provide info on how to do this for this version please?
Re: How do I clear the cache on Version: Luna Release (4.4.0)? [message #1409291 is a reply to message #1408738] Sun, 17 August 2014 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

What posts? What cache are you talking about?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: How do I clear the cache on Version: Luna Release (4.4.0)? [message #1409877 is a reply to message #1409291] Tue, 19 August 2014 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I meant posts on other sites say to do that but figure its for previous versions. I didn't find anything on these forums about it. I can find the Preferences window but not Remote Systems. So wondering how it's done in this version?

Eg:
Instructions
Open Eclipse and navigate to the "Preferences" window. This may be located differently in Eclipse, depending on which of the several versions you are running and what operating system you are using.

Scroll down the left-hand panel in the Preferences window and click the "Remote Systems" drop-down root menu. Select "File Cache."

Re: How do I clear the cache on Version: Luna Release (4.4.0)? [message #1409881 is a reply to message #1409877] Tue, 19 August 2014 08:04 Go to previous message
Doesn't matter now, I relaunched Eclipse and said to save to a different folder and it's fine now. I was saving to Workspace folder used for a previous version and it seemed to have some issue. All good now. Smile

Previous Topic:SWT how to get windows system folder icon ??
Next Topic:Problem with jre
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:21:45 GMT 2024