Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » creating assembly connector
creating assembly connector [message #1407671] Wed, 13 August 2014 07:20 Go to next message
Davy Maes is currently offline Davy MaesFriend
Hi,

I am trying to build a diagram similar to a UML composite diagram where I want to create connectors similar to assembly connectors in UML.

What I have so far:
* I can create a component and add ports to it.
* I can create a component and add parts to it. Similar to UML, a part has a type, when I type a part with a certain component, the ports (which are semantically inherited through their type) are visualised on the parts in my composite diagram. That is, in the abstract syntax tree (AST) model, the ports are still owned by the component(type). In the AST, parts do not own ports.
* (through the EMF editor) I can create an assembly connector, connecting the parts through their 'inherited' ports. (inherited through their type relationship). Similar to UML this means that you have to indicate the part as well (ref partWithPort in UML)
* I am able to visualise the assembly connector. There is one problem though, I cannot not filter on 'partWithPort'. As a consequence, edges are shown for parts which should not be connected.

Does anyone know a solution for this problem?
Did someone already create a diagram like the UML composite diagram?

btw, attached an example to clarify the case:
clutch, new and gear are parts, typed by resp. Clutch, Clutch and Gear (which are components)
The Clutch component contains one port: ClutchPower
The Gear component contains two ports: GearOuterPower and GearInnerPower.
I have one assembly connector, connecting gear and clutch through GearOuterPower and ClutchPower. (this is correctly shown)
The diagram incorrectly shows a connection between new and gear.
Re: creating assembly connector [message #1407756 is a reply to message #1407671] Wed, 13 August 2014 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esteban Dugueperoux is currently offline Esteban DugueperouxFriend
Hi Davy,

Without a sample project it is difficult to analyse your issue, you can
look at UML-Designer project which have a UML composite diagram definition.

If you want to filter edges to be displayed you can use "Semantic
Candidates Expression" or "Precondition" attributes of your edge mapping
in your odesign.

Best Regards.

Le 13/08/2014 09:20, Davy Maes a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build a diagram similar to a UML composite diagram where I want to create connectors similar to assembly connectors in UML.
>
> What I have so far:
> * I can create a component and add ports to it.
> * I can create a component and add parts to it. Similar to UML, a part has a type, when I type a part with a certain component, the ports (which are semantically inherited through their type) are visualised on the parts in my composite diagram. That is, in the abstract syntax tree (AST) model, the ports are still owned by the component(type). In the AST, parts do not own ports.
> * (through the EMF editor) I can create an assembly connector, connecting the parts through their 'inherited' ports. (inherited through their type relationship). Similar to UML this means that you have to indicate the part as well (ref partWithPort in UML)
> * I am able to visualise the assembly connector. There is one problem though, I cannot not filter on 'partWithPort'. As a consequence, edges are shown for parts which should not be connected.
>
> Does anyone know a solution for this problem?
> Did someone already create a diagram like the UML composite diagram?
>
> btw, attached an example to clarify the case:
> clutch, new and gear are parts, typed by resp. Clutch, Clutch and Gear (which are components)
> The Clutch component contains one port: ClutchPower
> The Gear component contains two ports: GearOuterPower and GearInnerPower.
> I have one assembly connector, connecting gear and clutch through GearOuterPower and ClutchPower. (this is correctly shown)
> The diagram incorrectly shows a connection between new and gear.
>

--
Esteban Dugueperoux - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: creating assembly connector [message #1408205 is a reply to message #1407756] Thu, 14 August 2014 13:43 Go to previous message
Davy Maes is currently offline Davy MaesFriend
Hi Esteban,

I looked at the UML-Designer project that you referred to. The UML composite diagram that is in there doesn't seem to allow creating connectors between ports of owned parts(ie ports of roles). This is exactly what I am trying to do.

As you were asking for a sample project, I created a simplified version of my meta-model such that it looks more like the UML meta-model. Of course I simplified a lot here, but you should recognize the resemblance with part of the UML meta-model.

Attached you can find different projects:
fmtc.uml.composite contains the meta-model
fmtc.uml.composite.design contains the viewpoint specification model
fmtc.uml.composite.example contains the example model that uses the viewpoint

kind regards,

Davy
Previous Topic:Reuse uml2.odesign
Next Topic:Container - Sub Container Creation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:17:23 GMT 2024