Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] CDO Server not recognizing dropins
[CDO] CDO Server not recognizing dropins [message #1407486] Tue, 12 August 2014 18:46 Go to next message
Manfred Kroehnert is currently offline Manfred KroehnertFriend
Hi,

I am trying to get Papyrus working together with a CDO server for storing models.

So far Papyrus is running on Eclipse Luna using a nightly build.
The CDO Server used is CDOServer-Mac.zip 4.3-RC3 (S20140603-1448) downloaded from https://www.eclipse.org/cdo/downloads/.
It did not run out of the box because the executable CDOServer.app/Contents/MacOS/Cdo-server did not have the executable bits set and in CDOServer.app/Contents/MacOS/Cdo-server.ini the option -Dnet4j.config=. needed to be changed to -Dnet4j.config=../../ so that cdo-server.xml could be found.

Running the server from the commandline and connecting to it from within Papyrus works.
However, when I try to import a model into the repository I get the following error message:

Find Papyrus Model

An internal error occurred during: "Find Papyrus models".
Factory not found: org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.queryHandlerFactories[ocl]

Model transfer operation execution faild.

Model transfer operation execution failed.
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

After some searching I found the following post from this forum which explained that the org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.ocl plugin is not loaded by the server.
So I downloaded the emf-cdo-S20140603-1448-Dropins.zip dropins archive which contains the required plugins and added its content into CdoServer.app/dropins/eclipse/.
However, those dropins are never recognized or loaded (apparently the reconciler plugin is missing which usually seems to do that job).
Putting the dropin content directly into the plugins and features directories did not help either because those are managed directly by the application and ignore additionally added plugins.

Can anybody give me some pointers in how to proceed so that the CDO server can load the plugins required to make it work with Papyrus?

Thanks very much,
Manfred

[Updated on: Tue, 12 August 2014 18:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [CDO] CDO Server not recognizing dropins [message #1407646 is a reply to message #1407486] Wed, 13 August 2014 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Hi Manfred,

The CDOServer executable are considered minimal example showcases and not for production use. I recommend that you
create your own CDO server product; possibly by copying the shipped CDOServer.product file and adjusting it to your
needs. In your case you should add the cdo.server.ocl plugin which contributes the missing query factory.

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Am 12.08.2014 um 20:46 schrieb Manfred Kroehnert:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get Papyrus working together with a CDO server for storing models.
>
> So far Papyrus is running on Eclipse Luna using a nightly build.
> The CDO Server used is CDOServer-Mac.zip 4.3-RC3 (S20140603-1448) downloaded from https://www.eclipse.org/cdo/downloads/.
> It did not run out of the box because the executable CDOServer.app/Contents/MacOS/Cdo-server did not have the
> executable bits set and in CDOServer.app/Contents/MacOS/Cdo-server.ini the option -Dnet4j.config=. needed to be
> changed to -Dnet4j.config=../../ so that cdo-server.xml could be found.
>
> Running the server from the commandline and connecting to it from within Papyrus works.
> However, when I try to import a model into the repository I get the following error message:
>
>
> Find Papyrus Model
>
> An internal error occurred during: "Find Papyrus models".
> Factory not found: org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.queryHandlerFactories[ocl]
>
> Model transfer operation execution faild.
>
> Model transfer operation execution failed.
> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>
>
> After some searching I found https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=477094/ from this forum which explained
> that the org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.ocl plugin is not loaded by the server.
> So I downloaded the emf-cdo-S20140603-1448-Dropins.zip dropins archive which contains the required plugins and added
> its content into CdoServer.app/dropins/eclipse/.
> However, those dropins are never recognized or loaded (apparently the reconciler plugin is missing which usually seems
> to do that job).
> Putting the dropin content directly into the plugins and features directories did not help either because those are
> managed directly by the application and ignore additionally added plugins.
>
> Can anybody give me some pointers in how to proceed so that the CDO server can load the plugins required to make it
> work with Papyrus?
>
> Thanks very much,
> Manfred

Re: [CDO] CDO Server not recognizing dropins [message #1407896 is a reply to message #1407646] Wed, 13 August 2014 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Eike,

thanks for your fast reply.

After figuring out how to build a new product (add empty plugin project and create a new product),
I adjusted the server.product file to match the .product file inside the MacServer.zip.

However, it does not seem to be possible to add cdo.server.ocl as a feature.
It is not selectable as a feature and resides in the plugins directory of the eclipse installation.
Adding it as a plugin in the cdoe-server.product file is also not possible.

Do you have any further ideas regarding this issue?

Thanks,
Manfred
Re: [CDO] CDO Server not recognizing dropins [message #1408044 is a reply to message #1407896] Thu, 14 August 2014 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Am 13.08.2014 um 20:28 schrieb Manfred Kroehnert:
> Hello Eike,
>
> thanks for your fast reply.
>
> After figuring out how to build a new product (add empty plugin project and create a new product),
> I adjusted the server.product file to match the .product file inside the MacServer.zip.
>
> However, it does not seem to be possible to add cdo.server.ocl as a feature.
> It is not selectable as a feature and resides in the plugins directory of the eclipse installation.
> Adding it as a plugin in the cdoe-server.product file is also not possible.
>
> Do you have any further ideas regarding this issue?
IMHO Eclipse's product definition files are kind of odd because you have to select (on the first page of the Product
Definition editor) whether you want to specify the product in terms of features XOR in terms of plugins. When you choose
"Plugin-Based" you just cannot add features. So you should select "Feature-based" and create your own feature, where, in
turn, you can specify anything you want. Nice, eh?!

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Re: [CDO] CDO Server not recognizing dropins [message #1408111 is a reply to message #1408044] Thu, 14 August 2014 08:56 Go to previous message
Thanks again for your help Eike!

Eike Stepper wrote on Thu, 14 August 2014 01:23

So you should select "Feature-based" and create your own feature, where, in
turn, you can specify anything you want. Nice, eh?!

The product was already configured to be feature based, but adding a self created feature containing all the required plugins finally did the trick.

Here are the steps I performed with Eclipse Luna as a recollection for anyone who might face the same situation:

1. Create an empty new plugin project
  2. Add a new product to the plugin project
  3. Create a launch configuration of the emf.cdo.server.product which includes all required plugins (tested by launching the configuration)
  4. Create a new feature project from the previous launch configuration
  5. Build/Export the feature project
  6. In the plugin project add a reference to the feature project (Project Properties -> Project References)
  7. Add only the newly created feature to the product configuration (it should contain all required dependencies)
  8. Tweak other product configuration options
  9. Export the product
  10. Launch the exported product (which now contains all wanted plugins)

Best,
Manfred
Previous Topic:EMF compare
Next Topic:EMF Forms to RCP App
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:21:06 GMT 2024