Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » How to load all bundle in a directory with config.ini?
How to load all bundle in a directory with config.ini? [message #1406935] Mon, 11 August 2014 13:25 Go to next message
Adrien WALESCH is currently offline Adrien WALESCHFriend
Hello,

I'm trying to use OSGi with the framework from eclipse, but only with the org.eclipse.osgi jar file.

I would like to know if there is a way (only using the config.ini file) to load all budle in a directory.

To give an example :
If I have a treeview (where "Bxx.jar" represents a bundle) like this :

plugins/configuration/config.ini
plugins/B1.jar
plugins/bundles/B2.jar
plugins/bundles/B3.jar
[ ... ]
plugins/bundles/Bn.jar

How do I use the "config.ini" to specify to the framework load all bundles in the "bundles" directory instead of writing all bundles in the "config.ini" ?

Re: How to load all bundle in a directory with config.ini? [message #1406940 is a reply to message #1406935] Mon, 11 August 2014 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pascal Rapicault is currently offline Pascal RapicaultFriend
There is no code for doing this built in equinox itself.
You would have to write the logic that looks for the bundles and feed them to the fwk.
You also try to use the file install bundle http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-file-install.html
Re: How to load all bundle in a directory with config.ini? [message #1406941 is a reply to message #1406935] Mon, 11 August 2014 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
There is no way to do that with the config.ini "out of box". You would need to use some other bundle that acts as a "management agent" for the framework and you would configure this agent as the only bundle in the config.ini. Some examples range from p2, to file install from the apache felix project.

HTH

Tom
Re: How to load all bundle in a directory with config.ini? [message #1406946 is a reply to message #1406941] Mon, 11 August 2014 13:43 Go to previous message
Adrien WALESCH is currently offline Adrien WALESCHFriend
I already saw the "apache felix file install" page, but I hoped it exist an easier way to do it (though I didn't try to use this solution).

Thank you all for your answer, I will look at the FileInstall more carefully.
Previous Topic:Simple configurator and bundle uninstall
Next Topic:org/eclipse/osgi/internal/resolver missing in Luna
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:20:27 GMT 2024