Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » P2 query to get list of plugins contained in a feature
P2 query to get list of plugins contained in a feature [message #1406860] Mon, 11 August 2014 09:39 Go to next message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
I am trying to write a browser for P2 repositories. Currently I am able to retrieve a list of IUs from a repo. Is there a way to get a list of contained plugins from a IU of type feature.group?
I would like to extract plugin names & version info if possible.

thanks
Christian
Re: P2 query to get list of plugins contained in a feature [message #1406869 is a reply to message #1406860] Mon, 11 August 2014 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pascal Rapicault is currently offline Pascal RapicaultFriend
First, check https://github.com/ifedorenko/p2-browser
It may already solve some of your problems.

Otherwise you need to resolve the requirement and look at the capabilities provided by the IU to see if it is a bundle. For the name, you can look at the properties. There is a helper in p2 code that help deal with getting the translation.
Re: P2 query to get list of plugins contained in a feature [message #1406899 is a reply to message #1406869] Mon, 11 August 2014 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the link. I already checked it out, but Igors browser does not go far enough for my intentions.

I was playing around with the requirements, but features consist of plug-ins, included featuers and dependencies.
So i can distinguish between included features and plugins by looking at the required IU. but how can I distinguish between included plug-ins and plug-in dependencies?
Somewhere on the newsgroups I found a hint to check for the version (exact version = plug-in, range or no version = dependency), which might give a hint but will not be a bullet-proof solution, right?
Re: P2 query to get list of plugins contained in a feature [message #1407232 is a reply to message #1406899] Tue, 12 August 2014 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pascal: could you point me to the helper class to resolve properties like %name?
Thanks
Re: P2 query to get list of plugins contained in a feature [message #1806482 is a reply to message #1406860] Thu, 09 May 2019 16:19 Go to previous message
Zakir Meer is currently offline Zakir MeerFriend
Hello Christian,

Do you already have a solution for this problem.

I am currently have a similar problem:

I would like to know which Feature's contain a specific plugin in a given update site.

I am using OOMP repository explorer to see if in the update site a specific plugin is available, but I do not get an information of which Feature is containing this plugin.

In case you already have a solution for this, do share it as it is one of the useful stuff.
Previous Topic:Can't install features in RCP
Next Topic:Running part of bundles in separate process
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:08:44 GMT 2024