Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Object Mapping(Jubula does not save mapped objects)
Object Mapping [message #1405442] Thu, 07 August 2014 11:26 Go to next message
nicole h is currently offline nicole hFriend
Hey,

Suddenly I am not able to map objects in my existing project.

Everytime I map an object, jubula do not save it...so I can not add any testcases anymore!

Here is what happens in the Object mapping viewer:
1. In "Unassigned component names" my created component name is listed
2. Via drag and drop I map this component with the right "Unassigned technical name"
3. The mapped component is shown in "Assigned names"

--> When I click the "save" Button now, jubula "forgets" the mapping and the component name is listed again in "Unassigned component names".

Also deleting Components in "Assigned names" list is not possible anymore!

I have made a lot of testcases now and never had such a problem, but now I am not able to create any new testcases!
Re: Object Mapping [message #1405445 is a reply to message #1405442] Thu, 07 August 2014 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi,

since when is this occurring? On which platform are you working on? Which Version of Jubula are using? Which database do you use? Have you changed something in your test environment?
The more Information you provide the easier it gets for the Forum members to provide help.
Regards
Oliver
Re: Object Mapping [message #1405449 is a reply to message #1405445] Thu, 07 August 2014 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am working on Windows 7, Jubula 8.0 embedded database (But I have the same problem on Windows XP, Oracle Database).

I am not sure how long this problem exists, I only recognized it now as I wanted to add new testcases.
The last thing I changed, was to rename some component names, but when I run the testcase everything worked fine.

Thanks
Re: Object Mapping [message #1407276 is a reply to message #1405449] Tue, 12 August 2014 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, no ideas why Jubula behaves like this?
Re: Object Mapping [message #1407716 is a reply to message #1407276] Wed, 13 August 2014 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Nicole,

I've not seen this behaviour before. You could check whether there's anything in the logs, and you could perhaps export, delete and then reimport the project. Perhaps that will help.
If not, please enter a ticket in the bugzilla and attach the project if that's ok to do.

Keep us updated!
Alex
Re: Object Mapping [message #1409536 is a reply to message #1407716] Mon, 18 August 2014 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

I checked the logs now, but there is nothing in it regarding this issue.
I also exported, deleted and imported the project but without success. I still have the same problem.

But I remembered now that the last thing I did was renaming and merging components names (Component Name Browser - right mouse click "Merge Component Names...")

Could it be that my problem is a result of renaming and merging component names? Are there any known problems with these issues?

Thanks,
Nicole
Re: Object Mapping [message #1409542 is a reply to message #1409536] Mon, 18 August 2014 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Nicole,

Thanks for trying those things.
If you can identify / remember which names you renamed and merged, perhaps you can see whether those names are the ones affected.
I think at this point that you should enter a ticket and attach the project if you can. Add any information to the ticket that you have mentioned here.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Object Mapping [message #1409551 is a reply to message #1409542] Mon, 18 August 2014 11:27 Go to previous message
Hi Alex,

thanks for your help.
Unfortunately I can not remember the names.....

But I definitely know that the merging of component names triggers this problem since I created a simple test project and merged component names and the Problem occured there too (Prior to the merging object mapping worked as expected)!

So I will open a ticket for this Bug.

Do you think there is a chance to "rescue" my project, if this is a jubula bug and I do not remember the components I merged?

Thanks
Previous Topic:Unable to Pass Updated Variable from Event Handler
Next Topic:Jubula sometimes loses the connection to the AUT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:15:52 GMT 2024