Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Problem Editing Model
Problem Editing Model [message #1404609] Mon, 04 August 2014 13:06 Go to next message
Sébastien Kerbrat is currently offline Sébastien KerbratFriend
Hi I'm learning how to use the Eclipse Modeling Framework using this tutorial www .vogella.com/tutorials/EclipseEMF/article.html.

However i have a problem when i get to the part 5.4, when i right on "My Web" I don't have the option to create a new child(I don't have the same ecore model but it should work anyway):
index.php/fa/18751/0/

I also couldn't create an "Ecore Diagram" earlier in the tutorial just an "Ecore Model", the only difference being i couldn't create my model with drag and drop, maybe this has to do with my main problem.
  • Attachment: Instances.png
    (Size: 36.32KB, Downloaded 281 times)
Re: Problem Editing Model [message #1404619 is a reply to message #1404609] Mon, 04 August 2014 13:55 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Sébastien,

On 04/08/2014 3:47 PM, Sébastien Kerbrat wrote:
> Hi I'm learning how to use the Eclipse Modeling Framework using this tutorial www .vogella.com/tutorials/EclipseEMF/article.html.
>
> However i have a problem when i get to the part 5.4, when i right on "My Web" I don't have the option to create a new child(I don't have the same ecore model but it should work anyway):
Most likely that's because AddressBook doesn't have any containment
references.
>
>
> I also couldn't create an "Ecore Diagram" earlier in the tutorial just an "Ecore Model", the only difference being i couldn't create my model with drag and drop, maybe this has to do with my main problem.
In Luna, the Ecore Tools diagram editor is replaced by a new one, which
is nicer, but the instructions for creating one are quite different.
You need to be in the Model Explorer to be able to create such diagrams
and open the editors.
>

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Customizing icons associated with EEnum
Next Topic:Problem with EList<EObject>
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:24:28 GMT 2024