Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Parametrise Eventhandler: Retry(Wanna parametrise the count of maximum retries)
Parametrise Eventhandler: Retry [message #1404608] Mon, 04 August 2014 12:59 Go to next message
Dominik Gabriel is currently offline Dominik GabrielFriend
Hi all,

is there any way to parametrise the amount of maximum retries in an eventhandler. The Problem is that i try to use it as a timeout parameter...

e.g. Do some Action -> Wait an amount of time -> check a Status Text -> retry till the text is Ok...(should be OK in a defined time) but i try to use this check Case after different actions and addicted to the action its another timeout

Somebody any idea?

PS: maybe i wont answer before 1st of september (Vacation Smile)

Best Regards
Dominik
Re: Parametrise Eventhandler: Retry [message #1405032 is a reply to message #1404608] Wed, 06 August 2014 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi,

when adding a Test Case as an Event Handler you can simply choose how often the failed Operation should be executed again i.e. the number of retries. You can also change the number of retries by selecting the Event Handler Test Case in the Test Case where it is referenced and change it in the properties view.
Regards
Oliver
Re: Parametrise Eventhandler: Retry [message #1405072 is a reply to message #1405032] Wed, 06 August 2014 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wanna use the case where the eventhandler is referenced more times, but with different amount of retries. in the properties view of the eventhandler u cant set a parameter as value for the Maximum number of retries.

my question is if there is an other way to handle my case
Re: Parametrise Eventhandler: Retry [message #1405075 is a reply to message #1405072] Wed, 06 August 2014 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
explained other way:

imagine that u would build your own "Wait for Window" case...
so u would make a case with an "Check Existence of Window" step(with Exists-Property = true) and an Eventhandler with a "Wait" step (Time = 1000 ms)

so u would like to give your "Wait for Window" case an TimeOut parameter.... but how?

can u understand what i mean?
Re: Parametrise Eventhandler: Retry [message #1405102 is a reply to message #1405075] Wed, 06 August 2014 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi there,

It's not possible to parametrise the amount of retries, no. You can change the retry amount each time you add the Event Handler, but if you want to reuse a Test Case containing the Event Handler, the only way to alter the length of time would be to parametrise the timeout value (so instead of doing 5 retries with 1sec you could do 5 retries with 5 seconds).

Hope that helps,
Alex
Re: Parametrise Eventhandler: Retry [message #1405336 is a reply to message #1405102] Thu, 07 August 2014 05:52 Go to previous message
ok...
Thanks for your answer! your way would work. the disadvantage is that it can cause longer wait times. maybe in a future version of jubula u can parameterise the evenhandlers retries property, i'll not lose hope Wink

Best Regards & Thanks
Dominik
Previous Topic:TestStep fails and Event Handler succed, whole testCase fails?
Next Topic:testexec can't connect to AUT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:27:04 GMT 2024