Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Sequence diagram for object creation(Sequence diagram for object creation)
Sequence diagram for object creation [message #1404535] Sun, 03 August 2014 15:20 Go to next message
cyril dufrechou is currently offline cyril dufrechouFriend
Hi,

I search to define a sequence diagram to create an object from one class defined in my model.

I don't succeed in Papyrus to find a way to apply this UML2 function

index.php/fa/18736/0/

My model is linked is necessary to understand my needs.

Regards
Cyril
Re: Sequence diagram for object creation [message #1404589 is a reply to message #1404535] Mon, 04 August 2014 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Cyril,

UML documents often refer to "Objects" or "Instances" instead of "Properties". That's mostly an historical issue, since in UML 1.x, Lifeline were representing Objects/Instances. However, in UML 2.x, Lifelines represent "Connectable elements", i.e. Properties (Of their classifier) or Parameters (of an operation).

The "Type" of the Lifeline is actually the type of its "Represents" property.

Similarly to Composite Structure Diagrams, you may need to create a "System" class, with one property (part/reference) for each of your interacting classifiers, and use these properties for the Lifelines. Alternatively, you can use informal modeling, and simply drop a Classifier on a Lifeline, which will create a Property in the Interaction (This is not completely valid from a UML point of view, so this should really be used for informal modeling/draft only)

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Sequence diagram for object creation [message #1404786 is a reply to message #1404589] Tue, 05 August 2014 18:38 Go to previous message
cyril dufrechou is currently offline cyril dufrechouFriend

Hi Camille,
Thanks for your answer, but i'm not sure to understand

"Similarly to Composite Structure Diagrams, you may need to create a "System" class, with one property (part/reference) for each of your interacting classifiers, and use these properties for the Lifelines." => this way is preconised and valid with UML

Have you one example of this kind of settings because it's not really clear for me.
Best regards,
Cyril
Previous Topic:Icon legend
Next Topic:Create Server Diagram - Papyrus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:58:07 GMT 2024