Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » ignoring text input component(ignoring text input with component in swing)
ignoring text input component [message #1404477] Fri, 01 August 2014 15:42 Go to next message
olgierd koslowski is currently offline olgierd koslowskiFriend
Hello,
I have a problem with testing a swing application with Jubula.
An AUT Agent is starting via javaws a jnlp file of the swing application, which takes a while but the login screen appears. Then I try with the action Component with Text Input/Replace to pass a user, pw. What I see, that the input field is focused (cursor) but no input is done. Then its changing to next field with same result but the last click action to the loginbutton works. I tried it with differnt actions, like copy and paste and other input via keyboard, but thats not working. Logs for aut_agent... swing are all empty.

The error message in the reports I got was: "Timeout received before confirming the posted event". I set System Enviroment Variable TEST_RC_IGNORE_TIMEOUT=true /
GD_IGNORE_TIMEOUT=true (which one is the correct in this version?) but still the same, it now continues the execution and the report is complete green (he schoud not, but anyway, I'll remove the timeout and the test will stop at the first input with an timeout error).

Some additional information:
Jubulas SimpleAdder.jar with rewritten tests is working well (as the other test).
Windows 7, using jre 1.7.0_55, test are started from Jubula IDE Version: 8.0.0 (installer-jubula_win32-win32-x86_64)

Some components are working but this input not, I'm missing detailed information in logs, maybe someone can help.

Re: ignoring text input component [message #1404480 is a reply to message #1404477] Fri, 01 August 2014 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
Did you try Application/External Input Text? It probably will not make a difference, but in some cases it does.
Re: ignoring text input component [message #1405036 is a reply to message #1404480] Wed, 06 August 2014 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, thank you, this makes a difference and is working. But I can enter only ASCII. Backslash or quotes for special characters are not helpful, the only way for that seems to use copy and paste. Or is there any other way?
Re: ignoring text input component [message #1405052 is a reply to message #1405036] Wed, 06 August 2014 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
It's a pain, but you have to use External Key Combination on an individual basis for things like that. I'm sorry!
Re: ignoring text input component [message #1405100 is a reply to message #1405052] Wed, 06 August 2014 15:31 Go to previous message
ok, thanks
Previous Topic:Manual test step in headless mode
Next Topic:TestStep fails and Event Handler succed, whole testCase fails?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:02:26 GMT 2024