Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Renaming and plugin.xml
Renaming and plugin.xml [message #1404430] Fri, 01 August 2014 10:51 Go to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
I just spoke with someone complaining about renaming and keeping plugin.xml in sync.

* When you rename a service implementation (that is registered in your server plugin.xml) everything works fine.

* When you rename a service interface (located in the shared plugin but registered in the client plugin.xml) the renaming isn't taken in account in the plugin.xml.

This is a bug (or a limitation) from Eclipse, probably in JDT or PDE. It seems to be a problem for him. What do you think?

Re: Renaming and plugin.xml [message #1404550 is a reply to message #1404430] Mon, 04 August 2014 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
I've seen the same thing using Eclipse's Refactor->Rename mechanism to change the name of a service and/or interface. It seems not to update the plugin.xml occurences of the class name. However, as this leads to warnings it is fairly easy to pick up on, so not tragic in my point of view. I haven't actually tried to rename a service/interface using the Scout SDK so am not sure what the behaviour is there.
Re: Renaming and plugin.xml [message #1404566 is a reply to message #1404550] Mon, 04 August 2014 08:11 Go to previous message
Lukas Steigerwald is currently offline Lukas SteigerwaldFriend
In my opinion renaming in general is a bit of a pain in Scout, as there so many classes generated when e.g. creating a form. However when renaming the form none of these generated classes are changed by the framework. I am still working on a pretty small POC with Scout and have not too much time pressure, so it is annoying but somehow manageable. But regarding using Scout in a real development project this might lead to some lost time and a potential source of errors. And if you want to create later a class with the same name, it does not work because the not renamed services/formData/etc classes already exist but would have to be created in order to create a form.
Previous Topic:Highlight default button?
Next Topic:RAP Button - content alignment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:41:19 GMT 2024