Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OM2M » OM2M using CoAP(OM2M CoAP)
OM2M using CoAP [message #1404280] Wed, 30 July 2014 21:04 Go to next message
Han Liao is currently offline Han LiaoFriend
Hi there,

In the nature of my case, I need to use CoAP as communication protocol. But while I searched into the files, I didn't find anything related with CoAP handling. Has CoAP been added in OM2M yet?

Regards,

Han
Re: OM2M using CoAP [message #1404284 is a reply to message #1404280] Wed, 30 July 2014 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahdi Ben Alaya is currently offline Mahdi Ben AlayaFriend
Hello Han,

We just finished the development of the OM2M CoAP binding plugin.
This extension will enable CoAP communication on the WAN (between NA/NSCL, and NSCL/GSCL) and also on the LAN (between GA/GSCL, and 6LowPan-Constraint-devices/GSCL).
The source code will be available in the next few days.

Mahdi

[Updated on: Wed, 30 July 2014 21:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: OM2M using CoAP [message #1405589 is a reply to message #1404284] Thu, 07 August 2014 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you! I'm looking forward to that!
Re: OM2M using CoAP [message #1432786 is a reply to message #1405589] Sat, 27 September 2014 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahdi Ben Alaya is currently offline Mahdi Ben AlayaFriend
Hello Han,

I pushed new version of OM2M including the CoAP binding plugin.
You can now configure the CoAP listening port using this parameter: "org.eclipse.om2m.coap.port" available on the config.ini file for NSCL and GSCL.
It is possible to use this the new binding to connect CoAP-enabled Network application or device application. I am writing new tutorial to explain in more details how to use the APoC feature (Application Point of Contact).
I advice you to test this new plugin using the Copper add-on for Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/copper-270430/)
Here is an example of a CoAP request:
coap://127.0.0.1:5683/om2m/nscl?authorization=admin:admin

I am working now on a new MQTT interworking proxy to monitor and control MQTT-enabled devices. Please tell me if it is interesting for you.

PS: be careful, in the new update, I changed the admin password format like this admin:admin (instead of admin/admin) to make it simple.

Please contact me if you notice any bug.
Waiting for your feedback.

Mahdi

[Updated on: Sat, 27 September 2014 18:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: OM2M using CoAP [message #1434310 is a reply to message #1432786] Tue, 30 September 2014 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mahdi,

Thank you for your hard work!! I will test CoAP functionality recently and provide feedback to you! And also, though MQTT hasn't been added to ETSI M2M Standard, I'm really interested in seeing MQTT compatible with OM2M!

Regards,

Han
Re: OM2M using CoAP [message #1446461 is a reply to message #1434310] Thu, 16 October 2014 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pedro Diogo is currently offline Pedro DiogoFriend
Thanks for the update Mahdi! That is great news indeed as it provides direct end-to-end connectivity between regular nodes (supporting IPv6/LoWPAN and CoAP) and NAs.
MQTT is great and I'm currently using it on my project. I think its messaging pattern make it suitable for some applications, so built-in interworking for this protocol is greatly appreciated. Also, the final version of oneM2M specification will bind to it. (Off topic: will OM2M keep up with ETSI TC M2M only, or will it eventually "shift" to oneM2M?)
Re: OM2M using CoAP [message #1446644 is a reply to message #1446461] Fri, 17 October 2014 05:18 Go to previous message
Thierry Monteil is currently offline Thierry MonteilFriend
Hi
We will do a first demonstration of OneM2M on the launch event of OneM2M on december with several partners. Some part of OneM2M will be added to OM2M as plugin. For a complete implementation, we will wait:
- first some improvements of the standard, we suggested some request of change
- second, we need to have funding of public or private actors to help us.

Regards,

Thierry.
Previous Topic:Device to GSCL (dIa)
Next Topic:Questions regarding subscription and app discovery
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:31:36 GMT 2024