Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Problems with Instance Specifications
Problems with Instance Specifications [message #1404128] Tue, 29 July 2014 19:43 Go to next message
Mark Linehan is currently offline Mark LinehanFriend
I'm trying to use Papyrus to create an example instance (object)diagram showing how a class model might be applied. I can create a class diagram with InstanceSpecifications, and I can set the Classifier of an InstanceSpecification, but:

1) When I draw an InformationLink between two InstanceSpecifications, each end is marked "<UNSPECIFIED>". Even though the InformationLink's classifier has names for each end of the association.

2) I don't seem to be able to draw InformationLinks between InformationSpecifications A1 and C1, where A1's classifier is class A, and C1's classifer is class C which is a subclass of B, and the intended InformationLink is of an association between A and B (not C).

Mark
icon13.gif  Re: Problems with Instance Specifications [message #1508687 is a reply to message #1404128] Fri, 12 December 2014 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Linehan is currently offline Mark LinehanFriend
I'm doing another instance diagram because they are helpful for explaining concepts to managers and business people. And I've run into problem #1 again. So I am raising it again in hopes of a reply.

I have discovered that the "<<UNSPECIFIED>>" labels go away if I delete the <children> elements for the connector line from the model.notation file. The other option is to drag those labels out of the way into an unused area of the diagram. Either solution is time-consuming and not satisfactory.

Mark
Re: Problems with Instance Specifications [message #1508706 is a reply to message #1508687] Fri, 12 December 2014 16:45 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Mark,

I know there is some work on this topic. I'm just not sure about the exact status (Last time I cheked, there was a pending Gerrit contribution to fix these bugs, but I don't know if they have been accepted yet). Anyway, this should be fixed for the next version (Mars), and maybe also for Luna SR2 (Not sure about that).

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:Pazpyrus addition components does not work
Next Topic:Navigating association class(stereotype) in an OCL constraint
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:08:10 GMT 2024