Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » CSS Problems RCP
CSS Problems RCP [message #1404036] Tue, 29 July 2014 09:40
Marcel Austenfeld is currently offline Marcel AustenfeldFriend
Hello,

i have an RCP app based on Eclipse 4.4 using Eclipse 3.8 plugins with the compatibility layer. Everything works fine so far. However i have created a new CSS design for my RCP. This now looks quite nice. But i have a lot of view menus in my app where some minor problems exists.

In an Eclipse 3.8 based RCP this menu was fixed below the view tab handle if you resized the whole app.

In Eclipse 4.4 the menubar of a view is automatically realigned and moved to toolbar which causes a a bad appearance with the default CSS view toolbar height settings (see attached menubar3.jpg as an example for the min/max buttons of the view)

At the moment i resize the whole toolbar to 30px so that the realigned menubar of the view fits in the toolbar of the view (and doesn't overlay
the toolbar which looks quite ugly - see attached menubar1.jpg and menubar2.jpg).

This works so far. Only small visual artifacts are displayed around the min/max buttons (see menubar1.jpg) of the view if it is not realigned which seems to be resistent for the CSS settings.

For this problem i think i have two solutions.

1. Avoid the menubar alignment if it is possible.

2. Resize the min/max buttons (~22 px) and set the height of the menubar to ~32 px which will let the visual artifacts dissapear.

So my questions are:

Is there a way to fix the menubar of a view to avoid the realignment as it was in Eclipse 3.8 based RCP (so the default toolbar settings looks nice)?

How can i tell my RCP to use local resized min/max icons for all views?

Is there maybee another solution to fix the CSS for the min/max buttons.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
  • Attachment: menubar1.jpg
    (Size: 7.64KB, Downloaded 175 times)
  • Attachment: menubar2.jpg
    (Size: 9.35KB, Downloaded 141 times)
  • Attachment: menubar3.jpg
    (Size: 1.41KB, Downloaded 154 times)
Previous Topic:RCP Startup Linux Ubuntu 14.04 Blank Screen
Next Topic:Application Model Evolution
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:23:04 GMT 2024