Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Issue with Configure Git repository(Unable to Create Repository due to .git files already existing)
Issue with Configure Git repository [message #1403880] Mon, 28 July 2014 12:04 Go to next message
Alan Coleman is currently offline Alan ColemanFriend
Hello everyone,

I'm using Eclipse (Kepler), Git and GitHub to manage my projects and code.

Everything is working fine but I've encountered an issue with one of my projects whilst sharing it with Git.

I follow the usual process of Team > Share Project > Git then I tick Use or create repository in parent folder of project

Usually I would click Create Repository, however I can't and am given a selection of .git repositories that seem to already exist.

These aren't appearing as hidden files in my directory so I'm at a loss as to what they are. Please see the attached image.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Re: Issue with Configure Git repository [message #1403900 is a reply to message #1403880] Mon, 28 July 2014 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
No idea besides searching for .git folders in your file system.

Did you select one of the shown .git entries before trying to
click "Create Repository" ?
Re: Issue with Configure Git repository [message #1403925 is a reply to message #1403900] Mon, 28 July 2014 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for getting back to me,

Yes, I've tried selecting one of the .git options provided. No error is shown but the directory is not furnished with the usual git content usually present. I've been playing around with this project for while so the .git directories suggested might be hangovers from old attempts.

Thanks again for getting back to me with a suggestion.
Re: Issue with Configure Git repository [message #1403926 is a reply to message #1403900] Mon, 28 July 2014 15:30 Go to previous message
No Message Body
Previous Topic:how to create git branch in remote repository without checking out using jgit
Next Topic:GitHub Wiki and jGit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:43:27 GMT 2024