Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » RAP 2.3 - high CPU load with IE 10
icon9.gif  RAP 2.3 - high CPU load with IE 10 [message #1403529] Thu, 24 July 2014 10:00 Go to next message
Stenlly S is currently offline Stenlly SFriend
Hi all,

My application (RAP 2.3.0) has again problems with IE Embarrassed .
see also IE 8 memory leaks

This time the CPU load grows when using IE 10. After some time (about 1-2 day) the systems CPU usage is permanent 100% and I can't close IE, I must kill the process. I used my old memory leaks test application and was able to reproduce the issue also with it.

I opened 9 tabs in IE 10 with my application and the problem occurs after about 1 Hours.
With FF the process uses 50% of the CPU, the FF is very slow but at least I can switch between the tabs.

With IE11 seems that everything works fine.

I will try to reload the page after some time, may be this will help. Unfortunately my customer can't change the web browser; IE upgrade is also not possible.

This issue occurs first with May or June IE update. Before this update everything works fine.
I tested with IE 10.0.18.

With RAP 2.2.0 the situation is worse.

Any suggestions how to fix this problem?

Thanks!
Re: RAP 2.3 - high CPU load with IE 10 [message #1403539 is a reply to message #1403529] Thu, 24 July 2014 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi,
you have 9 active IE tabs with your application running in all of them?
And your application create and dispose more than 800 widgets
continuously (every 5 sec) in every tab?
This is really a high load even for modern browsers. Maybe is better to
search the web for IE 10 problems/issues after recent updates.
Best,
Ivan

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: RAP 2.3 - high CPU load with IE 10 [message #1403665 is a reply to message #1403539] Fri, 25 July 2014 07:11 Go to previous message
Stenlly S is currently offline Stenlly SFriend
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the answer!

Yes, I have 9 active IE tabs and the application creates 800 widgets continuously but this is only for test purpose.

My real application is running only in one IE tab and refresh the page every 20 seconds, CPU load is increased and IE doesn't response but after 1-2 days and with my test application with 9 tabs after 1 hour. In begin of my test the CPU load is acceptable.
And with FF everything works fine...

Well I think that there are two possible reasons:
Bug in IE 10 or RAP 2.3 doesn't really support IE 10.

I tried to reload the page on each 20 runs (test application), and the situation is now better but not perfect. With 9 IE Tabs my test application was running almost 1 day.

private static void openUrlInParentWindow(final String url) {
     executeJavaScriptCode("parent.window.location.href=\"" + url + "\";");
} 

I will try the workaround on the customer side. If my real application can work 5 days I will be happy. Also I'll try to find some IE 10 problems/issues after recent updates.

Thanks,
Stenlly
Previous Topic:How to detect Time Zone(city) and correctly show individual local time?
Next Topic:ServiceHandler with RAP 2.3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:28:15 GMT 2024