Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » using Sequence Flow in graphiti
using Sequence Flow in graphiti [message #1403451] Wed, 23 July 2014 19:18 Go to next message
steve dobbs is currently offline steve dobbsFriend
We use Graphiti Api to develop our models.The Sequence flow connection is not available in Graphiti.Is there a way we could use BPMN2 sequence connection api in graphiti?.
Re: using Sequence Flow in graphiti [message #1403462 is a reply to message #1403451] Wed, 23 July 2014 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

I'm guessing you're talking about the Manhattan Routing algorithm that is being used by default for Sequence Flows, correct? This is actually implemented as a Layout Feature on the BPMN2 model objects that represent these types of connections. You have no idea how insanely difficult this was Wink

Please have a look at the class ManhattanConnectionRouter. This is the thing that calculates the FreeFormConnection bend points (with collision detection, oooh, ahhh!) that make up the orthogonal line segments.

The algorithm has just recently been updated for "better behavior", and you can test this out with the nightly build of the BPMN2 Modeler.

Cheers,
Bob
Re: using Sequence Flow in graphiti [message #1403464 is a reply to message #1403462] Wed, 23 July 2014 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve dobbs is currently offline steve dobbsFriend
yes. But you didn't answer if I could use the BPMN2 manhattan router in graphiti .We don't use bpmn but we need the connector similar to the one used in BPMN2.
Re: using Sequence Flow in graphiti [message #1403466 is a reply to message #1403464] Wed, 23 July 2014 21:56 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Sure...go for it. I'm not sure what you're asking. The source code is open source subject to eclipse licensing, so...

I was saying that the Manhattan router algorithm you see is written as an UpdateFeature as part of the BPMN2 Modeler editor. Maybe you need to go through the Graphiti tutorials to learn what an Update Feature is?
Previous Topic:BPMN Modeler in Luna problem
Next Topic:Customize import dialog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:05:20 GMT 2024