Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Toolbar for RAP and SWT client
Toolbar for RAP and SWT client [message #1403369] Wed, 23 July 2014 10:08 Go to next message
Lukas Steigerwald is currently offline Lukas SteigerwaldFriend
I am currently trying to set up a toolbar for my application.
I had a read through https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1048234/?srch=toolbar#msg_1048234 and as well the articles on the wiki about view buttton (https://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Concepts/ViewButton) and ToolButton(https://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Concepts/ToolButton)
So far everything looks fine. I managed to implement the ToolButtons in SWT (enabling coolbar, deleting the single outlinebutton that currently exists) and for the Swing Client(disabling Rayo). However there seems to be no way to get the ToolButtons to work in the web-client. The only way to somehow display them is to use the ViewButtons. But then they do not have the icons displayed. And when using the FormToolButtons the Buttons were displayed without any content (no icon and no text, just plain blue boxes) So this would not be an option either.

My main question is now, whether it is possible to get an implementation of a toolbar that consists only of icons (e.g. the save button everybody is used to from many applications) and is available in the SWT client and in the RAP client.
Re: Toolbar for RAP and SWT client [message #1403372 is a reply to message #1403369] Wed, 23 July 2014 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
We have added with Luna the possibility to add ToolButtons in Forms Luna New And Noteworthy > Toolbuttons in Form (SWT).

This is the perfect way to implement tool buttons like "save" or "print" (This change request was founed by the company where my current scout project is). It would be nice to continue the work and to make the RAP-UI also support tools buttons as inner class of forms.

I did not look at the RAP-UI code (I am not really familiar with this technology), but offten the RAP UI is really similar to the SWT UI code. You can follow the discussion for having tool buttons in forms for the SWT UI in the forum. Maybe this can help you to understand how it works and how it could be ported to RAP.

As for the FormToolButton, I am sure they work (as inner class of the Desktop class of your application). Here is a screenshot from an application in production using them:

index.php/fa/18615/0/

I hope this helps.

Re: Toolbar for RAP and SWT client [message #1403375 is a reply to message #1403372] Wed, 23 July 2014 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lukas Steigerwald is currently offline Lukas SteigerwaldFriend
Sounds interesting this feature. However it would be enough to have just the "coolbar" of the desktop with icon-buttons. So there is no way that is solving my problem for the RAP and the SWT client at the moment?
Re: Toolbar for RAP and SWT client [message #1435501 is a reply to message #1403375] Wed, 01 October 2014 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kiranraj Nayak is currently offline Kiranraj NayakFriend
Do We need to add something to application.css for this to work in RAP ?
Re: Toolbar for RAP and SWT client [message #1435896 is a reply to message #1403372] Thu, 02 October 2014 05:27 Go to previous message
Erich Steiger is currently offline Erich SteigerFriend

Toolbuttons currently work in SWT and RAP. Only in Swing is a gap.
Previous Topic:FileChooserField in RAP
Next Topic:Deploy Scout Client into Eclipse RCP Application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:30:56 GMT 2024