Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Show AUT's variable on screen
Show AUT's variable on screen [message #1403360] Wed, 23 July 2014 08:27 Go to next message
Pavel Sadovnikov is currently offline Pavel SadovnikovFriend
For example I have a TextComponent in tested application. I don't want to just check if text matches a certain pattern, but output it on screen or console. Is there any way to do it? Same question about AUT's inner variable.
Re: Show AUT's variable on screen [message #1403413 is a reply to message #1403360] Wed, 23 July 2014 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
Have you tried ub_app_executeExternalCommand, with a COMMAND parameter of "echo $VARIABLE"? You can store the text value of the TextComponent in a variable to do the same thing with that.
Re: Show AUT's variable on screen [message #1403492 is a reply to message #1403413] Thu, 24 July 2014 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pavel Sadovnikov is currently offline Pavel SadovnikovFriend
Thank you, that was exact thing I needed! But there is one drawback: "echo" works perfectly when I call tests from console, but doesn't give any output when tests are executed from Jubula window. Should I use any trick here?
Re: Show AUT's variable on screen [message #1403538 is a reply to message #1403492] Thu, 24 July 2014 10:17 Go to previous message
Antoine VINCENT is currently offline Antoine VINCENTFriend
Hi,
Did you give a try to "ub_txc_selectPattern" action ? This will highlight your text in the application. If you want a trace you can take a screenshot (see "ub_app_takeScreenshot*" actions). Thus, you have the same result from Jubula or from the console.
Hope this helps.
Previous Topic:Bringing AUT back into focus
Next Topic:Create an action for Application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:21:18 GMT 2024