Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Need help with Multi user support feature.
Need help with Multi user support feature. [message #1403147] Mon, 21 July 2014 17:22 Go to next message
Anu test is currently offline Anu testFriend
Hi All,

I am pretty new to the eclipse RAP. One of my task at work is to migrate the RCP application to RAP.
Before doing migration I am doing a small POC on RAP multi user support.
I couldn't find the helpful documentation or sample project on RAP multi user.

I have got exposure on Java servlets and mapping of them in web.xml.
With RAP multi user support I am not able to relate it HttpServletRequest and HttpServletResponse.

My POC is about
1. Create a login page
2. Provide DB access to only authenticated users.

I am able to do #1 but how can we store the user information for each request basically multi user support.

It would be really great if anyone can share the sample project on RAP multi user support.

Thanks,
Anu.

Re: Need help with Multi user support feature. [message #1403155 is a reply to message #1403147] Mon, 21 July 2014 19:36 Go to previous message
Roland Welker is currently offline Roland WelkerFriend
Hi Anu,

I have a multi user application that uses an authenticated InitialContext that I store in the UISession. The login dialog (as in an swt dialog window) collects the details, authenticates the context and stores it in the UISession.

And than all remote lookups use this Ui Session scoped (and hence session specific) context for remote operations.

This could be easly adopted to store a jdbc connection, or some other user tokens.

I hope this helps.

Roland
Previous Topic:Automated UI testing for RAP : which tool ?
Next Topic:How to supply translations for the text in splash html?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:14:18 GMT 2024