Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Scout server not starting anymore
Scout server not starting anymore [message #1402909] Fri, 18 July 2014 10:07 Go to next message
Lukas Steigerwald is currently offline Lukas SteigerwaldFriend
I guess I have somehow messed up my Scout configuration. The Server is not starting anymore and returns the following error:
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: com.ibm.ilm.prototype.server [32]
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: com.bsiag.scout.rt.server.jdbc.mysql5117

I am not sure what I have changed before the error occured the first time. The full report from the log:
!SESSION 2014-07-18 12:03:01.429 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_25
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_GB
Framework arguments:  -product com.ibm.ilm.prototype.server.product
Command-line arguments:  -product com.ibm.ilm.prototype.server.product -data C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN\Documents\Workspaces\Luna1/../runtime-prototype-server-dev.product -dev file:C:/Users/IBM_ADMIN/Documents/Workspaces/Luna1/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/prototype-server-dev.product/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -consoleLog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.app 0 0 2014-07-18 12:03:02.819
!MESSAGE Product com.ibm.ilm.prototype.server.product could not be found.

!ENTRY com.ibm.ilm.prototype.server 4 0 2014-07-18 12:03:02.990
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: com.ibm.ilm.prototype.server [32]
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: com.bsiag.scout.rt.server.jdbc.mysql5117

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1498)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

!ENTRY com.ibm.ilm.prototype.server 2 0 2014-07-18 12:03:02.990
!MESSAGE Could not resolve module: com.ibm.ilm.prototype.server [32]

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2014-07-18 12:03:02.990
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:242)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:382)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:236)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)

I would be thankful if someone could help me with that issue.
Re: Scout server not starting anymore [message #1402910 is a reply to message #1402909] Fri, 18 July 2014 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Nick is currently offline Matthias NickFriend
Hi Lukas,

Check the validity of your {{your_project}}.server/products/{{developpement/production}}/{{project}}-server.product

You can use validate to see if you are your product file contained all required bundles.

I assume you will get an errors because some plugins are missing missing.
You can add it with add.

index.php/fa/18572/0/

Hope this helps,
Matthias
Re: Scout server not starting anymore [message #1402912 is a reply to message #1402910] Fri, 18 July 2014 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the quick reply =)I fixed the errors and added a library I had deleted before and now it works again. Thank you very much.
Re: Scout server not starting anymore [message #1402921 is a reply to message #1402912] Fri, 18 July 2014 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Nick is currently offline Matthias NickFriend
No Problem Smile We are always happy to help
Re: Scout server not starting anymore [message #1403063 is a reply to message #1402921] Mon, 21 July 2014 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately it was maybe too early to say everything is back to working. Just noticed that when trying to start the SWT client the following exception occurs:
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in org.apache.batik.ext.awt was unable to load class org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.

When checking for the validity of the SWT product file it does not show any errors.
RAP and Swing are starting without exceptions and seem to work as they did before all this trouble.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 July 2014 07:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Scout server not starting anymore [message #1403066 is a reply to message #1403063] Mon, 21 July 2014 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
What Eclipse Platform are you using?
4.4 or 3.8?

(you can check this in your target platform)
Re: Scout server not starting anymore [message #1403069 is a reply to message #1403066] Mon, 21 July 2014 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it is the pde-tag in the target file it is version 3.8.
Re: Scout server not starting anymore [message #1403073 is a reply to message #1403069] Mon, 21 July 2014 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lukas Steigerwald wrote on Mon, 21 July 2014 10:04
If it is the pde-tag in the target file it is version 3.8.

Not exactly. This is the format version of your "*.target" file.

Assuming you have created a new project using the Luna version of Eclipse Scout, the SDK has created a "<your app>.target" project.

How does you tartet file looks like?

If you have:
* A directory location "${scout_rap_target}"
* A software site (*) with a repository location="http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.8"
* A software site (*) with a repository location="http://download.eclipse.org/releases/luna"

=> You are using a 3.8 Eclipse platform (this is what is recommeded).

If you have:
* A directory location "${eclipse_home}"
* A directory location "${scout_rap_target}"

=> You are using a 4.4 Eclipse platform (this is the default).

Depending on what you selected in the new Scout Project Wizard, you have one or the other.

(*) In the XML, the location tag has a "type" attribute equals to "InstallableUnit" in case of a software site.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 July 2014 08:33]

Re: Scout server not starting anymore [message #1403075 is a reply to message #1403073] Mon, 21 July 2014 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is how my .target file looks like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<?pde version="3.8"?><target name="prototype" sequenceNumber="5">
<locations>
<location path="${eclipse_home}\" type="Directory"/>
<location includeAllPlatforms="false" includeConfigurePhase="true" includeMode="slicer" includeSource="true" type="InstallableUnit">
<unit id="com.bsiag.scout.rt.ui.swing.laf.rayo.source.feature.group" version="4.0.0.20140522-1250"/>
<repository location="http://tools.bsiag.com/marketplace/rayo/4.0"/>
</location>
<location includeAllPlatforms="false" includeConfigurePhase="true" includeMode="slicer" includeSource="true" type="InstallableUnit">
<unit id="com.bsiag.scout.rt.server.jdbc.mysql5117.source.feature.group" version="5.1.17.20140212-1426"/>
<repository location="http://tools.bsiag.com/marketplace/jdbc/4.0"/>
</location>
<unit id="org.eclipse.rap.feature.feature.group" version="2.3.0.20140610-0925"/>
<unit id="org.eclipse.scout.rt.rap.source.feature.group" version="4.0.0.20140611-1401"/>
<repository location="http://download.eclipse.org/releases/luna"/>
</location>
</locations>
<launcherArgs>
<vmArgs>-Xms256m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m</vmArgs>
</launcherArgs>
</target>

I created it through eclipse scout that come with luna and just hit "download target" in the creation screen for the project. Is it 4.4 then? Not sure as I have no scout_rap_target in my target file. But neither do I have the 3.8 link.
Re: Scout server not starting anymore [message #1403080 is a reply to message #1403075] Mon, 21 July 2014 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for posting:

Here what you have:

* A directory location "${eclipse_home}" => means you can use in your application all the plugin used by your eclipse IDE application. This means you are using the Eclipse Platform 4.4

* A Software site "marketplace/rayo/4.0" => this for the Rayo Swing Look and Feel.

* A Software site "marketplace/jdbc/4.0" => this is because you want to use the MySQL JDBC support.

* A Software site "releases/luna" => Here you fetch the Eclipse RAP plugins. This correspond to what I have in my "${scout_rap_target}" Directory.

Just to be clear. In the Target platform file, you define the plugins that can be used by your application. The list of plugins used when you start an application are defined in each product file [Dependencies Tab in the Product File editor]. (for example the SWT client application do not use the com.bsiag.scout.rt.ui.swing.rayo plugin)

Your target seems to be fine.

Quote:
Unfortunately it was maybe too early to say everything is back to working. Just noticed that when trying to start the SWT client the following exception occurs:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in org.apache.batik.ext.awt was unable to load class org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.

When you look at the "Plug-ins and Fragments" list in the "Dependencies" Tab of the product editor. Have you any error marker?

In particular "org.eclipse.swt.***" or "org.eclipse.e4.***"

Other question:
Are you using a specific JRE to run your application? Maybe a 32/64 bits problem?

Have you other errors in the the Client Console log before the "unable to load class" error?
Re: Scout server not starting anymore [message #1403175 is a reply to message #1403080] Tue, 22 July 2014 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am running A Java 7 32-bit JRE. And there are (and I guess were) no errors in the product dependencies.

Interesting enough by now the application works fine again. Only thing I did between not working and working was to shut down the workspace, create a new workspace and created a new scout project.

As well I might think of what created all the trouble: While experimentating with DataSources I created a library ( in the lib folder on the same level as the scout projects). When I thought I do not need the lib anymore I tried to delete it, however that was not possible from the scout view. So I just decided to delete the project in the JEE view. I suppose that was a pretty bad idea. But hopefully the trouble is now fixed.

Thank you again for the great help and explenations. I guess I understand now a little bit better how everything plays together.
Re: Scout server not starting anymore [message #1693616 is a reply to message #1403175] Sun, 26 April 2015 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marco Dörfliger is currently offline Marco DörfligerFriend
I'm having a similar problem I just noticed, but I can reproduce it from a freshly downloaded, unmodified scout 4.4 project.

To be specific: my server's production launch configuration reports missing dependencies javax.servlet and javax.servlet.http (when I click on "Validate..." from the server .product configuration).
index.php/fa/21664/0/
(edit: for the record, all of the bundles in the screenshot are missing the same two packages)

I take it this doesn't happen for the development .product config because there is a jetty implementation providing those packages. Question is: is it okay to have them missing for the production? Should I just ignore this weirdness, or could it be a symptom of something more sinister?

The thing is, when I export the project and deploy onto a local tomcat server, it works fine (server, rap and swing).

To recreate:

1. download and unpack latest eclipse-scout-luna-SR2-win32
  2. create new workspace with new scout project called "com.test", using New Eclipse Luna target (4.4, current)
  3. open test-server.product (not the test-dev-server.product). click Validate... to see the dependency warning.
  • Attachment: error.png
    (Size: 19.74KB, Downloaded 865 times)

[Updated on: Sun, 26 April 2015 20:12]

Re: Scout server not starting anymore [message #1693619 is a reply to message #1693616] Sun, 26 April 2015 20:35 Go to previous message
As I have discussed it on the deploy on WildFly thread, those missing packages are OK.

It does'nt prevent the server application to be built and to be deployed.

My understanding is that if you deploy on tomcat, those packages will be provided by tomcat.
(it should be the same with other application server, but I have limited knowleged in this area).

Previous Topic:Outlines in SWT invisible
Next Topic:WildFly 8.2.0.Final EAR deployment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:24:26 GMT 2024