Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Remote System + Auto Generate = bad url?(When using RSE, how to not include RemoteSystemsTempFiles path in Auto Generate URL?)
icon5.gif  Remote System + Auto Generate = bad url? [message #1402854] Thu, 17 July 2014 20:43 Go to next message
Tim Curtin is currently offline Tim CurtinFriend
I do my coding using Remote System Explorer, and can't figure out how to get Auto Generated URLs to work.

What I want to do, is debug https //servername/index.php
The file for which lives on my local machine in my workspace at: /RemoteSystemsTempFiles/servername/pathonserver/index.php

Trouble is, I can't prevent the Debug Config from adding that full RemoteSystemsTempFiles/etc path to every url, unless I uncheck Auto and make the urls by hand.

Debug Configurations, PHP Web Application, New launch configuration
PHP Server:
Debugger: XDebug
Base URL: https //servername
Local Web Root: blank (doesn't seem to make a difference here)
Path Mappings: I've tried this (which makes sense, but has no effect)
Path on server: / Local path: /RemoteSystemsTempFiles/servername/pathonserver

In fact, no path mappings I've tried seem to effect the auto generated url.

Back out in Debug Config:
File: /RemoteSystemsTempFiles/servername/pathonserver/index.php
Check Auto Generate box, and get the following url:
https //servername/RemoteSystemsTempFiles/servername/pathonserver/index.php

I've searched quite a bit for a fix for this, and the closest I've found is someone advocating editing the Eclipse java classes! (http //moralvolcano.wordpress.com 2013/01/26/fix-for-url-autogenerate-bug-in-eclipse-php-pdt-plugin/)

I must be missing something obvious, because I can't be the only person who needs to debug files using RSE.

Hoping someone can help...

Local system config: windows 7, Eclipse Luna 4.4.0 PDT stock (no updated components installed)
Remote system: standard LAMP stack, connecting via ssh

(I'm new here, so had to remove : in urls to get them to post...)
Re: Remote System + Auto Generate = bad url? [message #1403301 is a reply to message #1402854] Tue, 22 July 2014 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Renzo Silva is currently offline Renzo SilvaFriend
I am having the same problem too. Don't have the solution but you are definitely not the only one.
Re: Remote System + Auto Generate = bad url? [message #1403855 is a reply to message #1403301] Mon, 28 July 2014 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
Why are you using the working structure only for RSE?
RemoteSystemsTempFiles is not a remote project, not a project for end user. Using it as a project is not a usage for RSE.
PDT seems working correctly on your wrong usage.
Re: Remote System + Auto Generate = bad url? [message #1403887 is a reply to message #1403855] Mon, 28 July 2014 13:04 Go to previous message
Tim Curtin is currently offline Tim CurtinFriend
I don't completely understand your response. What do you mean by "the working structure only for RSE?"

RSE is clearly a tool designed for editing files, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to debug files you were editing.

Are you saying you should never use PDT for editing remote files, or is there a better way to do it that doesn't involve RSE? I'd love to figure out a good way to do this - I'm not able to fully duplicate the server environment locally, so remote debugging is the only option I've got. (And checking into a local copy so you can update the remote copy every time you save a file is pretty inefficient...)
Previous Topic:New Class File
Next Topic:What hot key for "->"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:47:45 GMT 2024