David  Balažic is currently offline David BalažicFriend
Hi!

I use the version

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.

Version: Luna Release (4.4.0)
Build id: 20140612-0600

java.runtime.version=1.8.0_05-b13
Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit

I noticed that in the "Java EE" perspective (probably the same in others too) if I drag a file tab (the tab of an ooppened file in the editor, mutliple files are open) in the editor to place it in the lower half of the editor area, then after that the bar at the top of the editor (the one with the minimize and maximize buttons) is only a few pixels tall. The minimize and maximize buttons are barely visible.

In Kepler the bar was normal height.

In Indigo there was no separate bar at all, but the button were in the same level with the tabs, which is IMO the best solution.

Another issue: having "separate subviews" does not work any more. This is when you do as in the above case, but drag closer to the edge of the editor area.
It gives a similar result as above, except that each area can be maximized independently. In Kepler this worked, but in Luna even if the frames shown during dragging change when you get closer to the edge, the result after releasing is the same as in first case.

And for last a suggestion: For the new "split editor" functionality, it would be nice to have a GUI button or handle in the editor itself, like MS product have for years. Also the menu items for "clone editor" and "split editor" could be in the context menu that appears when right clicking on the editor tab (like it was in Indigo - there is a bug for this missing in Kepler, #317465).

Regards,
David
Previous Topic:CommandContributionItem parameterization not working in Main Menu
Next Topic:Pure E4 plug-in for IDE?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:43:16 GMT 2024