Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Code Recommenders » [snipmatch] snippet format update with 2.1.1(format-2 branch vs format-3 branch)
[snipmatch] snippet format update with 2.1.1 [message #1402653] Thu, 17 July 2014 09:43 Go to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Hi,

I want to update to the new Code Recommenders. (2.1.1)

Code Recommenders 2.1.1 Released - with some tiny new Snipmatch features...

It seems to me that this Version consumes the snippets from the format-3 branch instead of the format-2 used by the previous version.

I looked in the snipmatch.snippets git repo to see how I need to update my snippets.

The commit [snippets] changed to format-3: replace 'keywords' with 'extraSearchTerms' seems to be relevant.

In each snippet definition I need to replace "keywords" with "extraSearchTerms":
- "keywords": [
+ "extraSearchTerms": [

Can you confirm that there is nothing more to do?

Have you a wiki page where you track the changes in the snippet format? If you indicate where you want to keep this info, I can start the page.

Re: [snipmatch] snippet format update with 2.1.1 [message #1402673 is a reply to message #1402653] Thu, 17 July 2014 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Dorn is currently offline Johannes DornFriend
Hi Jeremie,

yes, changing "keywords" to "extraSearchTerms" is all you need to do.

This format-2 to format-3 change was actually done prior to the release of v2.1.0, so format-2 was only available in a pre-release version.
At the moment, we have no webpage or wiki to track these changes in the snippet format.

Once we do the change to format-4, we want to have documentation in place that explains snippet creation/editing in detail. That would also include a guide how to update after a version change. This format-4 change will probably happen with v2.2.0, but might not require any user action.

We intend to put this guide into the documentation area of our website. What do you think of this?

Even better would be to automatically convert local snippets to the new format. I've opened a bug for this: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=439777
I am not sure we are going to be able to include this for 2.2.0
Re: [snipmatch] snippet format update with 2.1.1 [message #1402712 is a reply to message #1402673] Thu, 17 July 2014 11:37 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Hi,

Thanks for the quick feedback.

Johannes Dorn wrote on Thu, 17 July 2014 12:22
Once we do the change to format-4, we want to have documentation in place that explains snippet creation/editing in detail. That would also include a guide how to update after a version change. This format-4 change will probably happen with v2.2.0, but might not require any user action.

We intend to put this guide into the documentation area of our website. What do you think of this?

Your website, wiki, eclipse.org, something else... It is fine for me.
It is a good thing to have documentation on your roadmap.

Johannes Dorn wrote on Thu, 17 July 2014 12:22
Even better would be to automatically convert local snippets to the new format. I've opened a bug for this: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=439777
I am not sure we are going to be able to include this for 2.2.0 ?

Good idea. A conversion tool is only requested if the task becomes too complex. As long as the task is documented and can be realized with simple search and replace operation, it is not really a priority.

Previous Topic:Code Recommenders build errors - Extenders
Next Topic:Code Recommenders 2.1.2 Milestone - Call For Testing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:46:10 GMT 2024