Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Reusing viewpoint descriptions
Reusing viewpoint descriptions [message #1402628] Thu, 17 July 2014 08:55 Go to next message
Marc Z is currently offline Marc ZFriend
Hi,

I have created several viewpoint descriptions (.odesign) for serverl ecore models.
Now, I have created a new ecore model which is an umbrella model containing these ecore models.

Is their a way to reuse to viewpoint descriptions created for the different ecore models in order to create diagrams within the supperior umbrella model?

I have seen that there are element for 'Diagram Import' and 'Diagram Extention' but I could not figure out how to use such elements correctly.

Regards,

Marc

[Updated on: Thu, 17 July 2014 09:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Reusing viewpoint descriptions [message #1402643 is a reply to message #1402628] Thu, 17 July 2014 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

If your odesign contains a Viewpoint defined for model file extensions "ecore" then this Viewpoint will be accessible for each ecore model of your modeling project, whether it is an umbrella ecore model with sub ecore models or independant ecore models.

Regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Reusing viewpoint descriptions [message #1402649 is a reply to message #1402643] Thu, 17 July 2014 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Steve,

no, the different ecore models have different file extentions.

Regards,

Marc
Re: Reusing viewpoint descriptions [message #1402662 is a reply to message #1402649] Thu, 17 July 2014 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

Ok I misunderstood, I guess that you are refering to your different ecore metamodels and you have several models in your modeling project corresponding to these metamodels.
The simplest way if you want to reuse a representation description for several kind of model, then in the parent Viewpoint element, you have to list it in the "model file extensions" with a space as separator. However, that implies that in your metamodels the metaclasses (used in your representation description and mappings "Domain class" fields) have to be named the same.
If you have different metaclasses name in different metamodels, you can create a separate odesign, load the original odesign in it, create a representation description (with the same name if you want) and then reuse mapping with "node/container/edge mapping import" elements and rebind them with your metaclasses.

Regads,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Reusing viewpoint descriptions [message #1402688 is a reply to message #1402662] Thu, 17 July 2014 10:50 Go to previous message
Hi Steve,

works great. Thanky a lot!

Regards,

Marc
Previous Topic:Label decoration for files containing errors
Next Topic:mouse location with a container drop tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:10:03 GMT 2024