Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OM2M » Uniquely identify a device in om2m
Uniquely identify a device in om2m [message #1402385] Thu, 17 July 2014 00:14 Go to next message
hady delabe is currently offline hady delabeFriend
I work on web of things project using om2m and I want to identify my devices uniquely, so I would like to know how you manage the devices identification in om2m, for now on what I've read, I do not had enough information in the om2m documentation nor in the ETSI specification.

Thank's for your help.

Hady
Re: Uniquely identify a device in om2m [message #1402670 is a reply to message #1402385] Thu, 17 July 2014 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yassine Banouar is currently offline Yassine BanouarFriend
Hi Hady,
As Implemented in OM2M, the ID can be specified in the XML representation when you want to create your resource (not a collection resource (scls, applications, containers, etc.)), and the identification (for some important resources) is as follow:

• Application resource: the ID is optional in the creation request.

• appId attribute in the XML: if the ID is Unique, the resource is created. Otherwise, you will get a 409 error with "ApplicationId Conflit" message.
    • appId attribute not in the XML: the ID will be generated dynamically (APP_RandomNumber)

• Container resource: the ID is optional in the creation request.

• id attribute in the XML: if the ID is Unique, the resource is created. Otherwise, an other ID will be generated (CONT_RandomNumber).
    • id attribute not in the XML: the ID will be generated dynamically (CONT_RandomNumber)

• ContentInstance resource: the ID is optional in the creation request.

• id attribute in the XML: if the ID is Unique, the resource is created. Otherwise, an other ID will be generated (CI_RandomNumber).
    • id attribute not in the XML: the ID will be generated dynamically (CI_RandomNumber)

Hope that will be helpful.

Regards.
---
Yassine

[Updated on: Thu, 17 July 2014 10:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Uniquely identify a device in om2m [message #1402969 is a reply to message #1402670] Fri, 18 July 2014 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Yassine,
Thank you for your response, in fact I have a platform that is an aggregator of connected objects I consider the platform as an application resource (GA) and thus has a unique identifier.
By against my devices are not real resource in the sense om2m I store a list of devices and I would like to identify, devices being considered like attachedDevices
in the NSCL. Is this possible? Thank you.

Hady
Re: Uniquely identify a device in om2m [message #1402993 is a reply to message #1402969] Sat, 19 July 2014 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yassine Banouar is currently offline Yassine BanouarFriend
Hi Hady,

I will try to give a scenario implemented in OM2M.
In our case for instance, we provided a PhidgetIPU (Interworking Proxy Unit) to allowing interaction with this devices' Technology. It creates all resources for the interfaceKit 8/8/8 (8: Analog Inputs and 8: Digital Inputs (for sensors), 8: Outputs (for actuation)):

• Application resource is related to an Interface.
  • Two Containers: DESCRIPTOR, which contains a ContentInstance for all procedures to interact with your devices (switch ON/OFF, get the LastValue from DB or Device, etc.), and DATA container, where your device's values are stored (by default to the last ten values).

All these IDs (for applications, containers) are specified in the PhidgetIPU.

So maybe for your scenario, to interact with your devices, you can create an IPU for them, which will discover and create the corresponding resources for your devices, and specify the corresponding.

The IPU Lamp Sample is also based on the same procedure (that you already know).

Regards
-------
Yassine
Re: Uniquely identify a device in om2m [message #1403159 is a reply to message #1402993] Mon, 21 July 2014 20:54 Go to previous message
Hi Yacine
I see better, Thank you for your responses, I'm going to see about that.

Regards.
Hady.
Previous Topic:Mecanisme of register GSCL to NSCL and NSCL to GSCL
Next Topic:Device Management
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:12:19 GMT 2024