Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » ARM Debugging in Eclipse OSX(issues trying to debug ARM application on a MAC running Kepler)
ARM Debugging in Eclipse OSX [message #1402071] Wed, 16 July 2014 13:16 Go to next message
Jim Devarie is currently offline Jim DevarieFriend
Hello all, I hope someone can help me. I am running Kepler on my Mac OSX latest OS version. I have installed the CDT package as well as many ARM toolchains but currently using the gcc-arm-non-eabi- one. The problem is that while the code compiles a debug session, when I try to debug the following message is produced:
"Error in final launch sequence
Failed to execute MI command:
tbreak main
Error message from debugger back end:
Cannot access memory at address 0x800030a
Cannot access memory at address 0x800030a"
I am using the Segger J-link applications as well as a Segger JTAG debugger, the target is the NXP LPC 1768. I suspect the problem here is in the debugger end of my setup but when running the jlink utilities by themselves, they seem to work properly. Can someone help me decode what the MI command is? I suspect that whatever it is it is not compatible with my setup.

I apologize in advance for the newbie question.

regards,

Jim
Re: ARM Debugging in Eclipse OSX [message #1402078 is a reply to message #1402071] Wed, 16 July 2014 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
When CDT launches, it tries to set a breakpoint at main, so it will interrupt execution when your program starts. However, your target is already running so the breakpoint cannot be set and the whole things fails.

You could simply tell your launch not to set that breakpoint and let it connect to your target.
Go to: Run->Debug Configurations... and find your launch configuration. Then select the Startup subtab, scroll down and uncheck "Set breakpoint at" in the "Runtime options" subsection.

Marc
Re: ARM Debugging in Eclipse OSX [message #1402982 is a reply to message #1402078] Sat, 19 July 2014 06:02 Go to previous message
Tuong Tran is currently offline Tuong TranFriend
Marc Khouzam wrote on Wed, 16 July 2014 09:33
When CDT launches, it tries to set a breakpoint at main, so it will interrupt execution when your program starts. However, your target is already running so the breakpoint cannot be set and the whole things fails.

You could simply tell your launch not to set that breakpoint and let it connect to your target.
Go to: Run->Debug Configurations... and find your launch configuration. Then select the Startup subtab, scroll down and uncheck "Set breakpoint at" in the "Runtime options" subsection.

Marc

Thanks, Marc!
Previous Topic:C Editor, Strg+Shift+/ -> Change // to /**/
Next Topic:how to use CDT to do code coverage testing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:51:43 GMT 2024