Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » running dbws from eclipse and deploying on tomcat/geronimo
running dbws from eclipse and deploying on tomcat/geronimo [message #1401371] Tue, 15 July 2014 13:51
Jeroen van Veldhuizen is currently offline Jeroen van VeldhuizenFriend
I am trying to create services in Eclipse that I want to deploy on Tomcat / WSO2 AS / Geronimo.
The services are based on PLSQL packages in an Oracle database.

My questions are:

- how can I run DBWS from within Eclipse?
Kepler and Luna have a plugin that should enable me to generate services. In the "new" menu, there is an option "Web services from Builder XML", but that wizard gets stuck on the second page when I must select a "Web dynamic project" and can select nothing: the list is empty, even when I have created a "Dynamic web project". Maybe this is the mismatch, but nowhere I can see a "Web dynamic project" option.
Also, when manually creating a dbws-builder.xml, I can right click it to "Generate database web services", but then I get a warning that DBMS Builder is not on the classpath.

- how can I deploy a warfile to a server?
When I download eclipselink and run dbwsbuilder manually, I can create a warfile, but I cannot seem to deploy it on Tomcat, WSO2 AS or Geronimo. I can deploy on weblogic. Deployment on tomcat/wso2/geronimo gets stuck on missing libraries. When I manually add eclipselink.jar and javax.persistence.jar then there are no missing classes, but the server complains it cannot find eclipselink-dbws-schema.xsd, even while it is in the warfile next to the wsdl.

Help is welcome Smile
Previous Topic:JPA EclipseLink copy restriction error
Next Topic:JPA: Join two tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:21:13 GMT 2024