Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Spatiotemporal Epidemiological Modeler (STEM) » Regional Climate Data in STEM(Query about converting regional climate data for model)
Regional Climate Data in STEM [message #1401363] Tue, 15 July 2014 13:40 Go to next message
Divya Kumar is currently offline Divya KumarFriend
Dear members,

I am trying to use regional climate data (in ".txt" format)for creating a scenario in STEM. I have found that there are in-built earth science data for generating scenarios.But I dont have any idea to convert regional climate data in the format of the in-built earth science data.
I oblige you to help me in this regard.

Divya SK
Re: Regional Climate Data in STEM [message #1405577 is a reply to message #1401363] Thu, 07 August 2014 17:17 Go to previous message
James Kaufman is currently offline James KaufmanFriend
Diyya,
This would be a very big job. To steps are not yet documented on the wiki. If you really want to do this please start by downloading from the source code repository all of the projects related to the existing data. For example,
org.eclipse.stem.internal.data.geography.earthscience.2010

Then navigate to the model files: e.g.,
workspace/org.eclipse.stem.data.earthscience/org.eclipse.stem.internal.data.geography.earthscience.2010/resources/data/country/USA

Look at the property files. You would need to generate property files precisely like these being sure to use the same exact region ids. The regions (polygons) are defined in the STEM map files. You would have to write new code to look at your own climate data txt or raster files and find the average of each climate factors within each stem polygon. The number would be associated with the region id for each polygon. It's a very big job.

Previous Topic:Create & Run Scenarios and Experiment using Script
Next Topic:Compartment Models in SBML
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:03:01 GMT 2024