Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » "File sensitive" build configuration(Makefiles, build configurations)
"File sensitive" build configuration [message #1399804] Sun, 13 July 2014 07:04 Go to next message
Amir Nahir is currently offline Amir NahirFriend
When I use eclipse for Java development, one of the nicest tricks is that, whenever I have a file that has a "main" in it, and I push the "Run" button, eclipse runs the current file.

I'd like to create something similar for CDT, for builds, that is: when I click "Build", I'd like Eclipse to "understand", based on the current active file in the editor, which build configuration to run (or, if there is no such configuration, to run the default configuration).

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
Amir
Re: "File sensitive" build configuration [message #1400570 is a reply to message #1399804] Mon, 14 July 2014 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
I probably don't understand what you are trying to do but for me it already works like this. When I have an editor in focus, I choose Project->Build Project and it is the project of the file in the editor that builds.

Marc
Re: "File sensitive" build configuration [message #1400574 is a reply to message #1400570] Mon, 14 July 2014 12:02 Go to previous message
Amir Nahir is currently offline Amir NahirFriend
Hi Marc,
My environment has multiple different makefile.
Most basically, I'd like to have the build invoke make on the right makefile. A more advanced option would be to be able to associate each of the files with some related parameters to determine how to activate the make (some require different flags).

Thanks,
Amir
Previous Topic:Project-specific environment variables appear to only get defined in Debug
Next Topic:How to permanently highlight an arbitrary block of code?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:54:30 GMT 2024