Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Javascript Content Assist incorrectly suggesting Function with uppercase F(Java EE IDE for Web Developers (Kepler) is incorrectly replacing function with Function)
Javascript Content Assist incorrectly suggesting Function with uppercase F [message #1398732] Fri, 11 July 2014 13:55 Go to next message
Bob Smith is currently offline Bob SmithFriend
Hi,

I have installed Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers (Version: Kepler Service Release 2 Build id: 20140224-0627).

When I type "function" the JavaScript content assist is proposing "Function" with an uppercase "F" and when I finish typing "function" it is automatically converted to "Function".

For example, I want to type the following:

function foo() {

}

However, I end up with:

Function foo() {

}

This is incorrect in this context.

Is there any way of preventing this proposal without turning off content assist?

Just to be extra clear on what is happening, here are the proposals in order when I type "fun":

Function
function - anonymous function
function - function
function

See attached screenshot.

index.php/fa/18521/0/

This is driving me crazy because I am not noticing that the content assist has replaced my function with Function until I'm well into the function block.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Cheers,
Bob

Re: Javascript Content Assist incorrectly suggesting Function with uppercase F [message #1398741 is a reply to message #1398732] Fri, 11 July 2014 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Did you change the auto activation characters for Content Assist in the JavaScript Editor to include the space character?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Javascript Content Assist incorrectly suggesting Function with uppercase F [message #1398763 is a reply to message #1398741] Fri, 11 July 2014 14:51 Go to previous message
Bob Smith is currently offline Bob SmithFriend
Hi Nitin,

I clicked "Restore Defaults" and the "Auto activation triggers for JavaScript" changed from .nfo to .

This has effectively resolved my issue, since now the proposals are only displayed when I hit Ctrl+Space or .

I did not enter .nfo into the "Auto activation triggers for JavaScript". Is this a standard setting? Perhaps it was set by a plugin which I have installed. It seems to have the effect of real-time proposals for every character typed. I like the idea of the real-time proposals, but I am happy to switch it off to get rid of the Function vs function issue.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards,
Bob

Previous Topic:Eclipse luna not starting
Next Topic:PYCUDA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:38:14 GMT 2024