Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Minimal Standalone Help Doesn't Launch(Can't get minimal standalone help to launch)
icon9.gif  Minimal Standalone Help Doesn't Launch [message #1398173] Thu, 10 July 2014 18:42 Go to next message
Elizabeth McLoughlin is currently offline Elizabeth McLoughlinFriend
When I follow the instructions in Eclipse help, "[Optional] Installing a minimal stand-alone help system" and then attempt to launch standalone help using:
java -classpath C:\EclipseTemp1\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.help.base_3.5.0.v201006080911.jar org.eclipse.help.standalone.Help -command displayHelp -eclipsehome C:\EclipseTemp1\eclipse

I receive the error, "The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library". Many web posts say this is an unzip error, but I've tried jzip and 7zip and it doesn't help. Also, the full version launches standalone help just fine.

I was using Eclipse Kepler but went back to Helios, just after a fix for the min. standalone was implemented, but I get the same result. I am on Windows 7 64-bit, and have 64-bit Java and Eclipse. The Helios file is eclipse-rcp-helios-win32-x86_64.zip.

I've tried adding back some zip files that look related, but no luck.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated. If this is a stupid question that has already been answered elsewhere, please point me to this and I will be happy!

Re: Minimal Standalone Help Doesn't Launch [message #1398381 is a reply to message #1398173] Fri, 11 July 2014 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
Just to make sure, did you copy the folder 'org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.1.0.v20100503' from location2 to location1?
Re: Minimal Standalone Help Doesn't Launch [message #1398814 is a reply to message #1398381] Fri, 11 July 2014 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, I had copied the .jar file to the location 1 plugins directory. I just copied the folder and now it works! Thank you very much!
My help files are not visible in the viewer, so I will work on that.
Re: Minimal Standalone Help Doesn't Launch [message #1403442 is a reply to message #1398814] Wed, 23 July 2014 16:48 Go to previous message
I was able to get my plugin visible by doing the following:
1. Copying it into the "plugins" dir.
2. Editing the "config.ini" file so that: org.eclipse.update.reconcile=true
3. Displaying the help on the command line by using the instructions in the help, but adding "-clean" to the line.
Previous Topic:Virtual device not working
Next Topic:Eclipse saves JAR as .jar;*.zip instead of .jar only
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:02:36 GMT 2024