Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Check If a Gigantic Mult Line Text Matches
Check If a Gigantic Mult Line Text Matches [message #1397519] Wed, 09 July 2014 21:09 Go to next message
Fernando Gomes is currently offline Fernando GomesFriend
I'm testing a installer with Jubula and I have to check if the Software license agreement is correct,
In other words, I have to check if a textbox with 25 pages worth of characteres is correct.

I can replace all /n with * , so I don't have to worry with mult line text(as I saw somewhere here that this was a problem). However, I don't know a way to input all thoose characteres in Jubula without getting one error saying "Jubula Only supports 256 characteres in a parameter".

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to check this gigantic text in this textbox?
Re: Check If a Gigantic Mult Line Text Matches [message #1397528 is a reply to message #1397519] Wed, 09 July 2014 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
You could have a test case iterate through a large dataset containing each individual line, but that would not ensure that the lines appear in the correct order, just that they all appear. Would that be good enough?
Re: Check If a Gigantic Mult Line Text Matches [message #1397570 is a reply to message #1397528] Wed, 09 July 2014 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fernando Gomes is currently offline Fernando GomesFriend
It's a bad solution in my opinion, however, is there a place where I can learn how to do that?(make a test that iterates through the dataset).

Thanks
Re: Check If a Gigantic Mult Line Text Matches [message #1397583 is a reply to message #1397570] Wed, 09 July 2014 23:22 Go to previous message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
If the column in your dataset is called TEXTLINE, for example, you would just make a test case that checks for a simple match of "*=TEXTLINE*" in the text field, and have that test case use your dataset. It will get called repeatedly until the dataset is exhausted.

You can also use a variable to store the previous line, which will enable you to check that two lines appear in the correct order relative to each other. Unfortunately, if you have to use "*" in place of newlines, then you will not be able to ensure that nothing else comes between those two lines.
Previous Topic:Kill the AUT at the end of the test
Next Topic:Change AUT Config Path before executing test
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:16:11 GMT 2024