Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Wish list of things to be added to Eclipse Luna 4.4.0(Adding some more ease to the IDE)
Wish list of things to be added to Eclipse Luna 4.4.0 [message #1397466] Wed, 09 July 2014 19:29 Go to next message
website reader3 is currently offline website reader3Friend
After having built 74 projects in one workspace yesterday, I would like to see Eclipse Luna v4.0.0 add in some more capability in the Import and Export Actions, in particular that the C/C++ Project Settings add in the "Select settings to export" to include the C/C++ Build and C/C++ General settings of "Build Variables, Environment, Settings" which will get added into the middle export window so that such things are libraries and library paths, and optimization flags and linker/compiler flags can also be exported. Conversely for import.

It was quite a struggle for me to have to manually do all the compiler settings and libraries/paths for the 74 projects every time when a simple export and then import to the other 73 projects would have sufficed.

Additionally, I would love to see predefined lists handled a bit more carefully on formatting, i.e. a list such as

int a[5] = { {1},{2},{3},{4},{5} };

was reformatted

int a[5] = { {1},{
{2},
{3},{
4},{
5}};

which is not quite readable to the average human being, at least it looks funny.

Just some things I noticed yesterday, while processing 27K lines of code.

Re: Wish list of things to be added to Eclipse Luna 4.4.0 [message #1398249 is a reply to message #1397466] Thu, 10 July 2014 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holn Kpnv is currently offline Holn KpnvFriend
I would like to see the "Paths and Symbols" settings also in the general Preferences settings, and not only in the project Properties.
Re: Wish list of things to be added to Eclipse Luna 4.4.0 [message #1398262 is a reply to message #1398249] Thu, 10 July 2014 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
If you have a feature request, please add it in the Eclipse Bugzilla database.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/
Re: Wish list of things to be added to Eclipse Luna 4.4.0 [message #1398610 is a reply to message #1397466] Fri, 11 July 2014 10:07 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Quote:
Additionally, I would love to see predefined lists handled a bit more carefully on formatting, i.e. a list such as

int a[5] = { {1},{2},{3},{4},{5} };

You can adjust the formatter to your needs:
Preferences->C/C++->Code style->Formatter

Edit current or create a new style and then in tab "Line Wrapping" select Expressions->Intializer list and set policy to "Do not wrap".

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:unresolved inclusion
Next Topic:odd problem with CDT parser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:53:02 GMT 2024