Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Reopen project -> edit and run
Reopen project -> edit and run [message #1396803] Tue, 08 July 2014 20:27 Go to next message
Eric Smith is currently offline Eric SmithFriend
Hello.

Sorry I am new to Java programming. I am writing a small piece of code printing out "Hello World" by following a tutorial on youtube.com. Eclipse EE and Java Development Kit is installed on my computer. I created the project, package and Class. Everything was working fine and I closed the Eclipse to continue later. The next day I open Eclipse to continue editing but the project, package and class is gone, and when I open the Java file that I created yesterday nothing is displayed in the Project Explorer window. The Run function is not available either. Please help so that I can reopen the project, edit it and run it as I did yesterday.

Thank you.

Re: Reopen project -> edit and run [message #1397346 is a reply to message #1396803] Wed, 09 July 2014 15:33 Go to previous message
Beth Tibbitts is currently offline Beth TibbittsFriend
When you closed Eclipse it should have saved your work in a "workspace". When you initially started eclipse it would have asked where to put the 'workspace' - did you use the default? Are you sure you tried to open the same workspace when you re-opened eclipse the next day?
Previous Topic:Failed to load JNI shared library
Next Topic:Preference in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:02:50 GMT 2024