Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Babel » Thanks for your contribution(welcome to us =))
Thanks for your contribution [message #1396004] Mon, 07 July 2014 18:40 Go to next message
Amaury Van Espen is currently offline Amaury Van EspenFriend
Hi,

I would like to quickly introduce myself,
My name is Amaury, I'm studying collective intelligence and currently working as Software Asset Manager in an Insurance Company in France.

I would be proud to contribute as a commiter in order to support translating jobs for Eclipse projects.

Also, I would like to know two things :
I'm working on Archimatetool French Translation, Archimate isn't my own. How could i ask to add it as an Eclipse.Babel translation project ?
Do you share to code of the translate.php tools in order to set up in a GitHub repository ?

As you could see on my GitHub page /AmauryVanEspen/archi-fr : my own system based on a tree.txt and tree.xls is usefull, but not really efficient =)
Would you be so kind to answer me ?

Thank you for your kind collaboration

A.
Re: Thanks for your contribution [message #1396085 is a reply to message #1396004] Mon, 07 July 2014 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Moving this to the Babel forum group.
Re: Thanks for your contribution [message #1425522 is a reply to message #1396085] Wed, 17 September 2014 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

Hi Amaury,

The Babel translation tool is used at Eclipse for Eclipse projects only. We don't have support for external projects.

You can download the PHP source code and install the translation server at your location for your projects.

https://git.eclipse.org/c/babel/server.git/

In fact, if you get a server running, we can provide a MySQL dump of all the Eclipse Babel translations, which could greatly accelerate your translation efforts.

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Re: Thanks for your contribution [message #1425564 is a reply to message #1425522] Wed, 17 September 2014 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amaury Van Espen is currently offline Amaury Van EspenFriend
Dear Denis,

Thank you for your answer,
I'm trying to install the server,
I will let you know in order to get the MySqlDump =)

Hope to be back soon

Regards

Amaury
Re: Thanks for your contribution [message #1425604 is a reply to message #1425564] Wed, 17 September 2014 14:41 Go to previous message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

If you have issues installing the server, just let us know. It is not nicely packaged with an installer, but we do have some documentation on the Babel wiki (which is receiving an upgrade at the moment):
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Babel

Feel free to edit the wiki pages according to your experiences.

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Previous Topic:Not able to install Linux toolkit on Helios
Next Topic:Doesn't work localization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:16:25 GMT 2024