Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Deploy scout application in Apache ServiceMix(Deploy scout application in Apache ServiceMix)
Deploy scout application in Apache ServiceMix [message #1395643] Mon, 07 July 2014 07:22 Go to next message
Tore Van Grembergen is currently offline Tore Van GrembergenFriend
Hi,

has anybody experience in deploying scout applications as a web app in Apache ServiceMix ?

According to the documentation of Apache ServiceMix there is a possiblity to activate the "war" feature (support for deploying WAR files with Servlet and JSPs into a Jetty server) into the Karaf instance.

Would this work for a Scout Application ?

Kind regards

Tore

Re: Deploy scout application in Apache ServiceMix [message #1404256 is a reply to message #1395643] Wed, 30 July 2014 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nejc Gasper is currently offline Nejc GasperFriend
Well I don't know much about ServiceMix but this issue seems interesting. Why would we want to deploy a war into an osgi container? There should be some other simpler way no? I might try to integrate and will report if I have any success.
Re: Deploy scout application in Apache ServiceMix [message #1404269 is a reply to message #1404256] Wed, 30 July 2014 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
The war we build is a really fat/standalone war: it contains the whole OSGi Runtime (equinox) encapsulated in the war using the servlet bridge approach.

No idea if the Eclipse Scout Server works in another OSGi container than equinox.

Re: Deploy scout application in Apache ServiceMix [message #1404312 is a reply to message #1404269] Thu, 31 July 2014 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might be advantageous to try Karaf... just to know.

Anyway I was talking about this: http://www.theserverside.com/news/1365049/Eclipse-Equinox-and-OSGi using approach 3 (scroll down a bit, 3 diagrams) - jetty is loaded as a bundle not used as a container.. Servletbridge is approach 2. I was trying around a bit and almost succeeded using approach 3, just had some dependancy problems (I think). Also when I check the command line it really seems eclipse is running project via the approach 3. Problem is though, I cannot rip the configs out from eclipse, all the folders and temp files from command line (I am checking ps ax) vanish before I can get there (or maybe are never there). Oh well, back to investigation Smile
Re: Deploy scout application in Apache ServiceMix [message #1404317 is a reply to message #1404312] Thu, 31 July 2014 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Thanks for the link... It is a good illustration of the different patterns that can be used.

This conversation reminds me of a slide proposed by a coworker to illustrate how a scout application is running:

index.php/fa/18716/0/

The orange arrows represent connections to another system (from a server point of view). Sometimes the integration of the different system is difficult (it depends of the project you are involved in).

I am glad if you can continue the discussion here. I will appreciate reading your findings here.

I am not an expert in this domain (running the server, integration with other system). In all my projects I could use what scout recommends out of the box. I know that at BSI, we have experts in this domain (because this is something we have to deal with in our productive project).
Re: Deploy scout application in Apache ServiceMix [message #1404339 is a reply to message #1404317] Thu, 31 July 2014 10:38 Go to previous message
Wrong topic - this belongs to standalone.

[Updated on: Thu, 31 July 2014 10:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Merge FormDatas
Next Topic:Summary row in table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:44:22 GMT 2024