Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Integrated Java/C/C+ IDE(Are the IDE's plugins)
Integrated Java/C/C+ IDE [message #1394077] Fri, 04 July 2014 19:03 Go to next message
Arthur Schwarz is currently offline Arthur SchwarzFriend
This is probably a really dumb question. I would like to get an integrated C/C++ and Java IDE (same IDE supporting C/C++ and Java). Eclipse used to allow downloading an integrated IDE but has, for some time, provided several independent IDE's. Is there some way to get a single Eclipse IDE to combine 2 or more IDE's for Java and C/C++ or do I have to have a separate IDE for each language?
Re: Integrated Java/C/C+ IDE [message #1394084 is a reply to message #1394077] Fri, 04 July 2014 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug SchaeferFriend
You can have a combined IDE. I use one that combines the Eclipse SDK, including Java, CDT, Android, JavaScript, and a bunch of other things all in one. It's a bit clunky to do but can be done. Just go to the Help -> Install New Software... menu item and bring up the install dialog.

First install one of them, Java or C/C++. Then after launching it, select the "Luna - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/luna" item in the "Work with:" selector. Then find the other IDE components you would like in the list and install it.

It's not a great experience and I plan on spending some time this summer working on a real installer and maybe get some of the bigger chunks into the Eclipse Marketplace which has a much nicer UI and experience. But I'm glad you brought this up because confirms for me that we need a good answer so people like yourself can get the IDE flavors you want without having to install multiple IDEs.
Re: Integrated Java/C/C+ IDE [message #1709746 is a reply to message #1394084] Wed, 30 September 2015 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wen liu is currently offline wen liuFriend
Doug Schaefer wrote on Fri, 04 July 2014 19:16
You can have a combined IDE. I use one that combines the Eclipse SDK, including Java, CDT, Android, JavaScript, and a bunch of other things all in one. It's a bit clunky to do but can be done. Just go to the Help -> Install New Software... menu item and bring up the install dialog.

First install one of them, Java or C/C++. Then after launching it, select the "Luna - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/luna" item in the "Work with:" selector. Then find the other IDE components you would like in the list and install it.

It's not a great experience and I plan on spending some time this summer working on a real installer and maybe get some of the bigger chunks into the Eclipse Marketplace which has a much nicer UI and experience. But I'm glad you brought this up because confirms for me that we need a good answer so people like yourself can get the IDE flavors you want without having to install multiple IDEs.

I can't find luna on help->work with, what can I do?
besides, are there any bugs/issues/problems after I install CDT?
I'm afraid CDT and JAVE EE won't coexist well with eath other?
Re: Integrated Java/C/C+ IDE [message #1717209 is a reply to message #1709746] Thu, 10 December 2015 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Todd Gillette is currently offline Todd GilletteFriend
You'll find it under "Help" > "Install new software..."
The top line has the field "Work with:" with a drop-down to select a version of Eclipse.
Re: Integrated Java/C/C+ IDE [message #1717231 is a reply to message #1717209] Thu, 10 December 2015 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Mars: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/Mars/1
Luna: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/Luna/SR2
Re: Integrated Java/C/C+ IDE [message #1737290 is a reply to message #1394077] Thu, 07 July 2016 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pridhvi Myneni is currently offline Pridhvi MyneniFriend
I think this is still a problem. Please correct me if I am wrong. As a workaround- I am downloading the zip files, then renaming the outputted folder, and then creating separate shortcuts (eclipse-c, eclipse-java, eclipse-js).
Re: Integrated Java/C/C+ IDE [message #1737403 is a reply to message #1737290] Thu, 07 July 2016 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Pridhvi Myneni wrote on Thu, 07 July 2016 04:18
I think this is still a problem. Please correct me if I am wrong. As a workaround- I am downloading the zip files, then renaming the outputted folder, and then creating separate shortcuts (eclipse-c, eclipse-java, eclipse-js).

You can get rid of all of them, but one. Leave for instance the C/C++ version, open it and go to Help -> Install New Software. When the dialog prompts for 'Work with', pick the one matching your current installation. The most recent one begins with the text 'Neon - http:// ... '. Just substitute your version (Mars, Luna, Kepler ...) for 'Neon'.

There are sub-menus containing the tools you need. Java has its own and JavaScript is on the Web tools list.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Integrated Java/C/C+ IDE [message #1744958 is a reply to message #1394077] Mon, 03 October 2016 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumar dhakal is currently offline kumar dhakalFriend
Hello everybody,
I have a slightly different problem.
I also want to use C++ and Java in the same IDE but the computer in which I'm running Eclipse does not have internet connection. I'm using both C++ and Java in the same IDE in a different computer. How can I download the CDT for java eclipse for the offline computer?
Thanks for your time.
Re: Integrated Java/C/C+ IDE [message #1784509 is a reply to message #1744958] Wed, 28 March 2018 19:55 Go to previous message
Ingrid Cao is currently offline Ingrid CaoFriend
Is there a full archive package for eclipse 4.x that include C++ and java development IDE? My Linux host doesn't have internet access.
Previous Topic:Addeding -fxceptions flag to G++ Compiler
Next Topic:CDT Plugin-in Development
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:10:54 GMT 2024