Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OM2M » Mecanisme of register GSCL to NSCL and NSCL to GSCL
Mecanisme of register GSCL to NSCL and NSCL to GSCL [message #1393919] Fri, 04 July 2014 13:31 Go to next message
Hao XU is currently offline Hao XUFriend
Hello, everyone

I have a question on the procedure to register a GSCL to NSCL.

First, what I have understood about the implementation of OM2M :
1. GSCL send a RequestIndication to the NSCL and wait for ResponseConfirm primitive ;
2. If successful, NSCL creates local resources for GSCL and sends back a successful response to GSCL, GSCL registers to NSCL successfully ;
3. NSCL send a RequestIndication to the GSCL and wait for ResponseConfirm primitive ;
4. If successful, GSCL creates resources for NSCL and sends back a successful response to NSCL, NSCL registers to GSCL successfully.

Second, what I have understood about the standard ETSI M2M :
1. GSCL send a RequestIndication to the NSCL and wait for ResponseConfirm primitive ;
2. If successful, NSCL creates resources for GSCL and sends back a successful response to GSCL, GSCL registers to NSCL successfully ;
3. If GSCL receives a positive response, GSCL creates local resources for NSCL with NSCL id and other default attributes ;
4. GSCL sends a request to NSCL for its attributes and wait for response.
5. If NSCL sends back its information, GSCL updates the attributes locally.

The first two steps are the same, but the rest isn't. Anyone could explain this ?
Thanks.

Hao XU
Re: Mecanisme of register GSCL to NSCL and NSCL to GSCL [message #1394035 is a reply to message #1393919] Fri, 04 July 2014 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yassine Banouar is currently offline Yassine BanouarFriend
Hi Hao,

What you said is correct, we implemented the registration mechanism using an other procedure. We will try to update the code, taking into account your remark, and push it in the OM2M GIT as soon as possible. An Email will be sent when this will be done.

Thanks.
Yassine Banouar.
Re: Mecanisme of register GSCL to NSCL and NSCL to GSCL [message #1395888 is a reply to message #1394035] Mon, 07 July 2014 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Yassine,
Thanks very much for your response.
Could you tell me when you could do this update?
Because I have to decide to wait for your update or do it in other way.

Hao XU
Re: Mecanisme of register GSCL to NSCL and NSCL to GSCL [message #1396425 is a reply to message #1395888] Tue, 08 July 2014 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahdi Ben Alaya is currently offline Mahdi Ben AlayaFriend
Next weekend.
Re: Mecanisme of register GSCL to NSCL and NSCL to GSCL [message #1400711 is a reply to message #1396425] Mon, 14 July 2014 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahdi Ben Alaya is currently offline Mahdi Ben AlayaFriend
Hello Hao XU,

I pushed an update on the git repository including the correct GSCL/NSCL authentication procedure as described by ETSI.
In the updated version: after starting, the GSCL sends a request to register to the NSCL, if successful, the GSCL creates locally the required remote NSCL resource based on the config.ini file parameters.
The registration request initiated by the NSCL to GSCL is now removed, which simplify and optimize the registration procedure.
Thank you for this remark.
Re: Mecanisme of register GSCL to NSCL and NSCL to GSCL [message #1401432 is a reply to message #1400711] Tue, 15 July 2014 15:55 Go to previous message
It works now with my propre NSCL.
Previous Topic:configuration of Remote Network SCL listening context for GSCL
Next Topic:Uniquely identify a device in om2m
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:59:11 GMT 2024