Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Errors which appears with the automated tests
Errors which appears with the automated tests [message #1393743] Fri, 04 July 2014 07:48 Go to next message
Elise Ruelle is currently offline Elise RuelleFriend
Hi,

I have a question about the automation of the tests with Jubula.

I have automated 5 test suites in a test Job and sometimes, I d'ont know why, my test fails but I don't understand the reason. One day, they will be ok and the next day they will have some errors.
However, when I try to determine the error manually I don't have the error and if I run the test from the standalone Jubula my tests are successful.

I use Jubula 7.1 and my hudson jobs are running each night.

Have you some idea about the reason of my problem ?

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Re: Errors which appears with the automated tests [message #1393769 is a reply to message #1393743] Fri, 04 July 2014 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Can you say what kind of problems they are and when they occur (in the Test Suite, at the end, at the beginning)?
Re: Errors which appears with the automated tests [message #1393892 is a reply to message #1393769] Fri, 04 July 2014 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They occurs often in the end of the last test suite of my test job. Even I change the test suite order, errors occurs on the last one.
It's not always on the same actions but it's often on drag'n'drop but sometimes it will be on my import of project (action of my test) or in a file opening.

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Re: Errors which appears with the automated tests [message #1395613 is a reply to message #1393892] Mon, 07 July 2014 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Thanks for the added details. Can you add a test result report that shows the error occurring?
Re: Errors which appears with the automated tests [message #1404997 is a reply to message #1395613] Wed, 06 August 2014 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late answer.

Actually, I think some error are the results of a slow-down of my virtual machine. But for the error on drag'n'drop actions I can't explain the error.

I understand the reason of the fail step because the check can't be realized because the element doesn't exist. But I can't explain why it works one day and not another with no change in the test suite and in the AUT. This kind of problem is really time-consuming so I really like to resolve this issue.

I join a copy of the step passed yesterday and the step result today. Between the two run no modification has been made on the AUT and on the Test Suite.

Thanks for any advice.
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 32.97KB, Downloaded 117 times)
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 24.72KB, Downloaded 127 times)

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Re: Errors which appears with the automated tests [message #1405027 is a reply to message #1393743] Wed, 06 August 2014 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hey,

could this be a timing issue? Have you already tried to synchronize the executed steps e.g. adding some wait actions?
Re: Errors which appears with the automated tests [message #1408247 is a reply to message #1405027] Thu, 14 August 2014 15:37 Go to previous message
Hi,

I don't think it's a timing issue because I've tried to add some wait actions and the error happened. I've to double my select node action to solve the problem...But I think it's not a good solution (because before it works well).

It's really strange and I don't understand why I have sometimes this problem on different action.

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Previous Topic:update on export regarding problem
Next Topic:Unable to Pass Updated Variable from Event Handler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:34:07 GMT 2024