Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Change AUT Config Path before executing test
Change AUT Config Path before executing test [message #1393503] Thu, 03 July 2014 22:39 Go to next message
Fernando Gomes is currently offline Fernando GomesFriend
Is it possible to change the AUT executable path, in the AUT config before running a test?

For example, I'm testing one installer, and after running the installer I would need to run the uninstaler, but the uninstaller path will depend on the path you supplied to the installer. <-This means, it will vary, I can't have a static AUT Config for this.

So, is there a way of changing the AUT Config of the Uninstaller Test Project, just before running it?

Thanks ind Advance.
Re: Change AUT Config Path before executing test [message #1393689 is a reply to message #1393503] Fri, 04 July 2014 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I can't think of a way I know right now, but I'll ask.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Change AUT Config Path before executing test [message #1393725 is a reply to message #1393689] Fri, 04 July 2014 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I asked, and the suggestion is to start your AUT via a script that can read an environment variable. Then you can set the environment variable to be the flexible part of your path.

Hope that helps!
Alex
Re: Change AUT Config Path before executing test [message #1395916 is a reply to message #1393725] Mon, 07 July 2014 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for looking into that Alex, I'll see what I can do with the script approach

Edit: I got another question,

I have a program that changes its behaviour depending if it can find certain files(or environmental variables) in the system, so if it finds these files it send you to a determined screen, if it doesn.t it sends you to another screen.

Is there a way to check in the Jubula test if a file/variable exist in order to choose which testsuite to use?

Edit2: Also, is it possible to choose a variable depending on the OS I have running in the machine?

[Updated on: Mon, 07 July 2014 16:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Change AUT Config Path before executing test [message #1395960 is a reply to message #1395916] Mon, 07 July 2014 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sylvain EVEILLARD is currently offline Sylvain EVEILLARDFriend
For the AUT config path, you can also modify the database directly (quite easy if you're already using ANT to launch tests) :
update aut_conf_attr
set attr_value = 'XXXX'
where attr_key = 'WORKING_DIR';
update aut_conf_attr
set attr_value = 'XXXXX\\YYYY.exe'
where attr_key = 'EXECUTABLE';

you may want to add more conditions in the where clauses in order to be sure to modify only the project you really want to modify.
Re: Change AUT Config Path before executing test [message #1397518 is a reply to message #1395960] Wed, 09 July 2014 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, I'll look into that
Re: Change AUT Config Path before executing test [message #1397531 is a reply to message #1397518] Wed, 09 July 2014 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
For checking whether a file or variable exists, you can execute a script as an external command and check its return value.
Re: Change AUT Config Path before executing test [message #1397576 is a reply to message #1397531] Wed, 09 July 2014 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But can you use that return value to 'branch' your testing?(go through a different flow than what you would normally do?)

Thanks in Advance

Fernando
Re: Change AUT Config Path before executing test [message #1397592 is a reply to message #1397576] Wed, 09 July 2014 23:44 Go to previous message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
You can use an event handler to do that; however, if the script's exit code does not match your expected value, then the test case that calls the script will still show up as a failure.

You might be able to get around this by storing your command in a variable, using the value of that variable as your COMMAND parameter, and then (in the event handler) overwriting the variable with a command that will always return your expected value. Then you can give the event handler a reentry type of RETRY, and the test case should pass after the event handler executes.
Previous Topic:Check If a Gigantic Mult Line Text Matches
Next Topic:JavaFX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:23:23 GMT 2024