Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Hello World JSP and HTML doesn't work in Luna. Worked before.
Hello World JSP and HTML doesn't work in Luna. Worked before. [message #1392033] Tue, 01 July 2014 19:48 Go to next message
gordon anon is currently offline gordon anonFriend
Hello World JSP and HTML doesn't work in Luna. Worked before but not after the below:

I did "Switch Location" to /Servers/Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost.server, and I did read about the difference between localhost.server and workspace metadata here:

eclipse dot org/forums/index.php/t/66665/

But after the switch, I right click on helloworld.jsp (Project is a dymnamic web page)
and Run As -> Run On Server, but this URL inside eclipse still is no go.

Eclipse forum says I can't provide URL unless I have 5 posts. THis is my first post, so you guys will have to see the images.

see attached images of tomcat status in eclipse. I also choose to restart tomcat when I right click on helloworld.jsp and did a RunAs.

Environment is: win7 64 bit, luna 64 bit, tomcat 7, java 7 64 bit SE and EE.

I tried. Help. Thanks in advance.
Gordon
Re: Hello World JSP and HTML doesn't work in Luna. Worked before. [message #1392164 is a reply to message #1392033] Wed, 02 July 2014 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 07/01/2014 02:21 PM, gordon anon wrote:
> Hello World JSP and HTML doesn't work in Luna. Worked before but not after the below:
>
> I did "Switch Location" to /Servers/Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost.server, and I did read about the difference between localhost.server and workspace metadata here:
>
> eclipse dot org/forums/index.php/t/66665/
>
> But after the switch, I right click on helloworld.jsp (Project is a dymnamic web page)
> and Run As -> Run On Server, but this URL inside eclipse still is no go.
>
> Eclipse forum says I can't provide URL unless I have 5 posts. THis is my first post, so you guys will have to see the images.
>
> see attached images of tomcat status in eclipse. I also choose to restart tomcat when I right click on helloworld.jsp and did a RunAs.
>
> Environment is: win7 64 bit, luna 64 bit, tomcat 7, java 7 64 bit SE and EE.
>
> I tried. Help. Thanks in advance.
> Gordon
>

This question really belongs in the Eclipse web tools platform (WTP) forum.
Re: Hello World JSP and HTML doesn't work in Luna. Worked before. [message #1392678 is a reply to message #1392164] Wed, 02 July 2014 17:39 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Moved.
Previous Topic:Some toolbar items are grayed out in the xml editor but not in the java one
Next Topic:Obtain an action or datamodel after creating facet project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:11:23 GMT 2024