Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Gemini Web 2.2.3 RELEASE is now available
Gemini Web 2.2.3 RELEASE is now available [message #1391832] Tue, 01 July 2014 13:30 Go to next message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta GeorgievaFriend
Hi,

Gemini Web has shipped 2.2.3 RELEASE. The artifacts are available for download and the release notes are available here.

Regards

Violeta
Re: Gemini Web 2.2.3 RELEASE is now available [message #1398199 is a reply to message #1391832] Thu, 10 July 2014 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julio Rey is currently offline Julio ReyFriend
Hi Violeta,

(excuse me by my english)

I am starting with Osgi, i like Spring i want continue work with that, Could you help me with this?

i am tested with spring osgi, works fine for me but i read that Spring Osgi is Deprecated and it is migrate to Gemini,

I am trying with Osgi Gemini 2.0.0 and the service works very well, but when i am creating a Spring MVC Osgi Project for my Presentation Layer, i have some problems..

I use Osgi Gemini Web 2.0.0 but i do not understand how to works that, this is a replace of spring osgi web? the mvc schema can not found by Osgi Environment, what is the replace of package

org.springframework.osgi.web.context.support

That is my web.xml Mvc Servlet

<context-param>
<param-name>contextClass</param-name>
<param-value>org.springframework.osgi.web.context.support.OsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext</param-value>
</context-param>
<servlet>
<servlet-name>javorai-api</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet</servlet-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>contextClass</param-name>
<param-value>org.springframework.osgi.web.context.support.OsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext</param-value>
</init-param>

<load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

what is the parent context class, the replace of org.springframework.osgi.web.context.support.OsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext?

I have many projects, and want migrate to Osgi Gemini with Karaf,Jboss or Glassfish Server

Regards,

[Updated on: Thu, 10 July 2014 19:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Gemini Web 2.2.3 RELEASE is now available [message #1398643 is a reply to message #1398199] Fri, 11 July 2014 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

You have to use
org.eclipse.virgo.web.dm.ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext
and gemini blueprint
See the Virgo examples - https://www.eclipse.org/virgo/samples/ - greenpages

Regards,
Violeta
Re: Gemini Web 2.2.3 RELEASE is now available [message #1402117 is a reply to message #1398643] Wed, 16 July 2014 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Violeta,

Using Eclipse Virgo works fine.. and i can probe

But

I need to resolve an Example using Gemini Blueprint + Gemini Blueprint Web with out Eclipse Virgo,

org.eclipse.virgo.web.dm.ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext is an Eclipse Virgo Class and i can not see the class in the gemini-blueprint-2.0.0.M02.zip Package Download

org.eclipse.gemini.web.core-2.2.3.RELEASE.jar
org.eclipse.gemini.web.extender-2.2.3.RELEASE.jar
org.eclipse.gemini.web.tomcat-2.2.3.RELEASE.jar
org.eclipse.virgo.util.common-3.6.0.RELEASE.jar
org.eclipse.virgo.util.io-3.6.0.RELEASE.jar
org.eclipse.virgo.util.math-3.6.0.RELEASE.jar
org.eclipse.virgo.util.osgi-3.6.0.RELEASE.jar
org.eclipse.virgo.util.osgi.manifest-3.6.0.RELEASE.jar
org.eclipse.virgo.util.parser.manifest-3.6.0.RELEASE.jar

If possible to resolve Gemini Blueprint + Gemini Blueprint with Equinox or Felix (a custom environment)?

My solution(Example for now) is necessary that is independent of Container(Glassfish,Virgo,Karaf,etc) and then i want to do with equinox, i am doing a recommendation to use Osgi/Blueprint(Gemini)

The Gemini Blueprint for now is working very well, but the web blueprint i can not integrate with my blueprint services.

Could you show me an Example with only Gemini Web(with a few dependences, with out Eclipse Virgo) (if exists)?

Sorry if my question is an incorrect place,

Regards
Re: Gemini Web 2.2.3 RELEASE is now available [message #1402722 is a reply to message #1402117] Thu, 17 July 2014 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can use only bundle org.eclipse.virgo.web.dm. It does not depend on Virgo internals only on Gemini Blueprint.
You can obtain it from the official Virgo distribution [1] or from here [2].

Regards,
Violeta

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/virgo/download/
[2] http://build.eclipse.org/rt/virgo/ivy/bundles/release/org.eclipse.virgo.web/org.eclipse.virgo.web.dm/3.6.2.RELEASE/

[Updated on: Thu, 17 July 2014 11:53]

Re: Gemini Web 2.2.3 RELEASE is now available [message #1402820 is a reply to message #1402722] Thu, 17 July 2014 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Violeta,

Well, i did modified the class org.eclipse.virgo.web.dm.ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext from Spring..

and replace the packages, similar to ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext that you show me.

and then i can do work well, (i can do a GOAL)

But

http://build.eclipse.org/rt/virgo/ivy/bundles/release/org.eclipse.virgo.web/org.eclipse.virgo.web.dm/3.6.2.RELEASE/

requires (osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.context)(version>=1.0.2)(!(version>=2.0.0)))

and i am using Eclipse Gemini 2.0.0,

What is the ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext for Gemini 2.0.0?? to replace my ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext created by me

* i am attaching my ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext Bundle if you can see

Thanks a Lot!!

regards!!

[Updated on: Thu, 17 July 2014 17:08]

Re: Gemini Web 2.2.3 RELEASE is now available [message #1403048 is a reply to message #1402820] Sun, 20 July 2014 19:42 Go to previous message
Hi,

org.eclipse.virgo.web.dm.ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext [1] depends on the following Gemini Blueprint functionality:

- org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.context.ConfigurableOsgiBundleApplicationContext [2]
- org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.context.support.OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext [3]
- org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.extender.OsgiBeanFactoryPostProcessor [4]

This Gemini Blueprint functionality does not have changes between the two versions (1.0.2 and 2.0.0) so you can use it with both.

Regards,
Violeta

[1] http://git.eclipse.org/c/virgo/org.eclipse.virgo.web.git/tree/org.eclipse.virgo.web.dm/src/main/java/org/eclipse/virgo/web/dm/ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext.java
[2] http://git.eclipse.org/c/gemini.blueprint/org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.git/log/core/src/main/java/org/eclipse/gemini/blueprint/context/ConfigurableOsgiBundleApplicationContext.java
[3] http://git.eclipse.org/c/gemini.blueprint/org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.git/log/core/src/main/java/org/eclipse/gemini/blueprint/context/support/OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext.java
[4] http://git.eclipse.org/c/gemini.blueprint/org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.git/log/extender/src/main/java/org/eclipse/gemini/blueprint/extender/OsgiBeanFactoryPostProcessor.java
Previous Topic:Start Gemini-web-test failed,can't find rt.jar
Next Topic:Gemini from P2 and Maven
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:51:15 GMT 2024